Charged for medallion net on app but not showing purchase in travel summary

emmak8

First red flag was the app did not recognize my login credentials. I signed in with booking #.

I booked 14 days one device medallion net with elite discount and hit submit. There was no evidence of a purchase showing on my travel summary. I called the princess # for help, got the Philippines . They could not help me. The charge shows pending on my credit card account. The app is my nemesis!!! I will give it 48 more hours to acknowledge my payment.

Has this happened to anyone or just to me? 

It’s not charged yet pending is not a charge ! We all as far as I am aware login with booking number I know I do 

once the charge actually goes threw you will get the paperwork 

I just found this thread looking for info on ordering the medallion. I don't see it anywhere in my booking on the website. Do I have to order it through the app?

28 minutes ago, depplep said:

I just found this thread looking for info on ordering the medallion. I don't see it anywhere in my booking on the website. Do I have to order it through the app?

Yes

Posted (edited)

No you just need to complete check in items on app

but Medellin will not be sent till about 14 before cruise. Been told it a batteries issue. 

Edited by AZaTaz

IMO, it's better to wait to purchase MedallionNet once on the ship.  Princess no longer discounts MedallionNet packages if purchased pre-cruise, so the price will be the same as long as you purchase before the entire voyage cutoff, and OBC, if you have any, can be applied.

1 minute ago, depplep said:

I thought you had to have the Medallion before you got on the ship?

The Medallion is the circular object that acts as your cruise card.  You don't have to order pre-cruise.  If you don't order pre-cruise, a Medallion will be made for you arbitrarily and you'll have to pick it up at the port during check-in.  If you do order it pre-cruise, you have the option to pick up at the port (free) or shipped to you ($10 shipping or included as an amenity of the package fare).  If you live outside the USA or Canada, you have no choice but to pick up at the port.

MedallionNet is the onboard Wi-Fi/Internet.  This is totally optional and is dependent on how connected you want to be.  Princess used to be a discount it on top of the Platinum/Elite discount if purchased pre-cruise for the entire voyage, but this is no longer the case.  Some one can correct me if I'm wrong, but you have until the 2nd day to purchase MedallionNet for the entire voyage, after which your only option is to purchase it by the day.

4 minutes ago, depplep said:

Oh, I see. We have the Premier Package so this is what you are calling MedallionNet? I don't have an interest in the Wifi per se.

Since you have Premier, MedallionNet (the Wi-Fi to browse the Internet) is included in your package price.  You already paid for it, so you might as well use it.

The Medallion shipping is included in the Premier package, so you can order it pre-cruise and have it shipped to your home.

The Medallion, is an object that looks like an Apple AirTag that will act as your cruise card.