"B2B" in MIA from Indy OTS to Carnival Sunrise- Doable?

Never done a B2B of any kind before, so this is a big question in my mind...

We're currently booked for a 5-day on Independence OTS in November, but then decided we need at least a 7-day. But there's nothing else suitable for us around that period.

So I started thinking B2B, turnaround the day we return to Miami. Long story short, a 4-day on Carnival Sunrise is the best choice I can find for us. So we would have to debark at Royal Terminal A(?) and presumably taxi down to Terminal F(?) to board Carnival Sunrise.

Is this kind of "B2B" on 2 different cruise lines possible without harrying us to death? Any reason why we couldn't do that? TIA.

45 minutes ago, Tlbecker1 said:

A B2B cruise is on the same ship.  You could call it a S2S cruise. You can definitely do it, but it isn’t considered a B2B.

I figured as much, but thought "B2B" was the best way to advertise my question.

Thanks for your input.

• Like 1

It should be easy. You have to be off of the first ship by around 9:00 a.m. and you probably can't even board the second ship until 11:00 a.m. or so. Your biggest issue will probably be figuring out how to kill the time between the two cruises.

• Like 1

Indy has been using terminal G which is next to the Carnival terminals.  My agent went from the Carnival Celebration to the Indy two weeks ago and walked it.  They did have to detour around some stuff and she said they walked around 100 yards.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Anton said:

Indy has been using terminal G which is next to the Carnival terminals.  My agent went from the Carnival Celebration to the Indy two weeks ago and walked it.  They did have to detour around some stuff and she said they walked around 100 yards.

That would be very nice, since terminal A is at the other end of the port.

12 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

It should be easy. You have to be off of the first ship by around 9:00 a.m. and you probably can't even board the second ship until 11:00 a.m. or so. Your biggest issue will probably be figuring out how to kill the time between the two cruises.

Getting our wind back from dragging luggage around will probably eat up a good part of that time🙄. Hoping for a nice shady spot to park it for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonarino said:

Getting our wind back from dragging luggage around will probably eat up a good part of that time🙄. Hoping for a nice shady spot to park it for a while.

You'll get off the Indy, move terminals, drop your bags with the porters, do the security/check-in thing and wait in the terminal for a few minutes to begin boarding. 

Just make sure you have your Carnival luggage tags on (and not your RCCL tags) 🙂

• Like 1

Drop your bags with the porters. Jump on the coral way Trolley(at terminal G also near terminal d?) head to bayside marketplace area for the day. Take the trolley back to the piers. 

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Just make sure you have your Carnival luggage tags on (and not your RCCL tags) 🙂

Ah yeah, thanks!

13 hours ago, neverbeenhere said:

Drop your bags with the porters. Jump on the coral way Trolley(at terminal G also near terminal d?) head to bayside marketplace area for the day. Take the trolley back to the piers. 

IF we were that adventurous, and at least 10 years younger 🙄

• Like 1