Is there still a way to get your cabin mate the same C&A benefits as yourself?

On 8/4/2024 at 9:50 AM, pcur said:

In 2008 on a family cruise, my son enrolled his then live-in girlfriend (now his wife of 14 years in a week.....yay them!) as his SO because they had the same address. She automatically became Diamond.

I think it's still the same.

Lot shared Benefits started couple Decades ago when Same Sex Marriage wasn't legal. Major Businesses like General Motors and some Cities allowed these Couples Insurance and Survivor Benefits, ect. Problem I have is when it's abused, when couple isnt really Married or together. People posted on here Cousins, Best Friends applying and getting status of the other. Just looked, my youngest is 28, was on 3 Cruises when she was 2, 4 & 5, still has matching status D+ from what I was Decade ago

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Lot shared Benefits started couple Decades ago when Same Sex Marriage wasn't legal. Major Businesses like General Motors and some Cities allowed these Couples Insurance and Survivor Benefits, ect. Problem I have is when it's abused, when couple isnt really Married or together. People posted on here Cousins, Best Friends applying and getting status of the other. Just looked, my youngest is 28, was on 3 Cruises when she was 2, 4 & 5, still has matching status D+ from what I was Decade ago

That's the issue I have with it as well. I'd rather people be able to give it to their children vs giving it to their roommate, who they're calling a significant other just to get them status, because that little side-business could go on-and-on-and-on as many times as they want it to. Before you know it, one person has spread their Diamond seed to 20 people, lol. 

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

The last 2 times I have linked clients C&A wanted proof that the people shared the same address.  (Lease or utility bill with both names)

On 6/3/2024 at 9:19 AM, JTJ said:

Is there still a way to get your cabin mate the same C&A benefits as yourself?

Yup. As many have stated: Marry or adopt them! 

Or: Pick a cabin mate who has earned Elite status with Celebrity (will translate to Diamond).

Or: Pick a cabin mate who has earned their own status by cruising Royal.

* (Don't want to seem unkind ... this is sort of a sensitive issue.)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The last 2 times I have linked clients C&A wanted proof that the people shared the same address.  (Lease or utility bill with both names)

Oh ok, that's a better way to manage it I guess. I envisioned just being able to put their address on their C&A account. 

7 minutes ago, ARandomTraveler said:

Oh ok, that's a better way to manage it I guess. I envisioned just being able to put their address on their C&A account. 

Used to be that simple but not in the past 6 months from what I have experienced. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

That's the issue I have with it as well. I'd rather people be able to give it to their children vs giving it to their roommate, who they're calling a significant other just to get them status, because that little side-business could go on-and-on-and-on as many times as they want it to. Before you know it, one person has spread their Diamond seed to 20 people, lol. 

I have issues with how the program is applied also. It's been "documented" (anecdotally) many times on this forum that status matching is permanently infinitely and recursively transferrable.

A D+ can status match a new spouse, they are D+, any minor children either of them have are D+. OK, makes sense. But here's where it goes off the rails:

• Their children's spouses and their kids are now automatically D+. If someone makes D+ with minor children, the D+ status is automatically inherited by those children and every generation of those children forever.
  • Now, let's say someone that gained D+ via status matching (or inheritance) is divorced from the D+ (or the child of the D+), the status match is never (rarely?) removed. And further, they now remarry. Their new spouse can be status matched to D+, even though between them, only one of them has been on 1 cruise. And any minor children brought into or added during the relationship are also all D+.

I can totally understand wanting a family to have the same status while on the cruise. I'm all for that. Makes sense to me. It's the permanence and recursiveness that bothers me.

I think a good solution might be that no one is actually status matched. Everyone always only has their own earned status level. Now when cruising, everyone in your family group (limited number of linked family reservations??) will temporarily have the benefits of the highest status level of your family during that cruise only. 

Become an adult and cruise without your D+ parents? You cruise at your earned level.

Be divorced from your D+ spouse? You cruise at your earned level.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

If someone makes D+ with minor children, the D+ status is automatically inherited by those children and every generation of those children forever.

Only if those children sail at least once with their D+ parent.