Solo balcony - which ships? Itineraries? Help!

I wanted to research a solo Caribbean cruise for January 2026 and wanted to know which NCL ships offer solo balcony cabins?  Any pricing info etc. much appreciated!

37 minutes ago, travelgip said:

I wanted to research a solo Caribbean cruise for January 2026 and wanted to know which NCL ships offer solo balcony cabins?  Any pricing info etc. much appreciated!

Under the new cabin structure, ships are supposed to have Solo Insides, Oceanviews and Balconies.  There may be just a few in each category.  Suggest you find a local travel agent to help you.

• Like 1

It's the solo studios that are only on some ships. The larger and newer ones, mostly.

Do look at locations carefully. I think they dumped some of the less desirable cabins for the solo discount. This seems to be worst for insides and OVs where studios are available. Balconies seem to be better. But that's just my opinion based on some very brief snooping around, so do your own legwork there.

Personally. I'd decide on the itinerary I wanted first.  Then, see which ships sail that itinerary.  Then see which ships have the cabins you're looking for on the dates you want to sail.

Spirit class is different from the Jewel class, which is different from the Breakaway class, which is different from the Breakaway Plus class which is different from the Epic, which is different from the Prima class.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DorothyB said:

I found solo balconies on the only two ships I checked (3 sail dates) - Getaway and Prima

In the article I posted a link to above it says NCL can and will convert a "solo" cabin to  double occupancy based on demand, since they are just regular cabins being marketed to solo cruisers.  So perhaps at a different time of year or itinerary it could change.  I got a solo balcony on Joy coming up in 3 weeks and only booked it 6 weeks in advance.  I just did a quick scan of December Caribbean cruises and every one I looked at had solo cabins, some were sold out though.  Perhaps inventory ebbs and flows with demand.