Santorini - Sailing the Caldera excursion questions

emp244

Hi - we are thinking of the sailing the caldera excursion for Santorini. Wondering where it begins (assuming the Athenios port)? and ends. I'm confused because it says the catamaran journey ends in Fira. Is it a bus from the tender port to Fira? Do we have to go to Fira, or can we return from the dock to the ship on a tender? I am concerned about going up to Fira and being stuck in a 3 hour line to go down the cable car. Any insight would be very much appreciated!

I realize these are Celebrity excursions, but many posters here have not done Celebrity Med.

I recommend posting under Ports of Call: Europe: Med.

That being said, having sailed the Med, tours that say they are ending in Fira means you are going to be taking the cable car or the steps down, 

Posted (edited)

Last year I tried and tried to find an excursion that would not end at the cable car. I thought I had one, but then earlier in the summer those who had been on it reported that rather than the bus taking them back to their point of origin, it simply stopped at the edge of Fira and the driver said “everyone has to get out here now.”  People protested that they were supposed to go back on the bus and the driver was adamant.  So I gave up on my quest.  I wish you luck.  I could find no Way to see Santorini without ending in Fira

Edited by cruisestitch

22 hours ago, emp244 said:

Hi - we are thinking of the sailing the caldera excursion for Santorini. Wondering where it begins (assuming the Athenios port)? and ends. I'm confused because it says the catamaran journey ends in Fira. Is it a bus from the tender port to Fira? Do we have to go to Fira, or can we return from the dock to the ship on a tender? I am concerned about going up to Fira and being stuck in a 3 hour line to go down the cable car. Any insight would be very much appreciated!

I  suggest you consider cross posting your question on the forum for your cruiseline, whichever it is, as that is where pax who have previously taken this excursion will be more likely to see it and respond.