Former Blackbeard restaurant next to Fort St. Catherine reopens with new name. Achilles

Charles4515

20 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

I see they are a cashless establishment. Credit cards only.

Also it is completely different type of restaurant. I went to Blackbeards a couple of times and it was more of a joint as I recall. Burgers and beer. The AC didn’t work well if they even had AC. The new establishment has a fancy menu. 

13 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Also it is completely different type of restaurant. I went to Blackbeards a couple of times and it was more of a joint as I recall. Burgers and beer. The AC didn’t work well if they even had AC. The new establishment has a fancy menu. 

Given their prices and menu  it looks like they're targeting the guests at the St. Regis, not cruisers making a day trip to St. George for sightseeing or the beach.

• Like 1

Has Blackbeards been closed a long time?  I have been to Bermuda and St. George (and the beach in front of what is now the St. Regis) numerous times over the last 20 years, but somehow missed Blackbeards.

1 hour ago, mets07 said:

Has Blackbeards been closed a long time?  I have been to Bermuda and St. George (and the beach in front of what is now the St. Regis) numerous times over the last 20 years, but somehow missed Blackbeards.

They were open 20 years ago. I believe they closed around  the start of covid but i don't know the exact year. You probably would not have noticed it from St. Catherine beach as the fort would block your view but you would from the fort itself. The building was distinctive. I usually walk to that area from Tobacco so I could see it. I would have a beer there. If you took a taxi you could miss it as you would have to look up. There are stairs down to access Achilles beach. Blacbeards I believe was associated with the St. Georges Club which had chairs on Achilles Beach. The stairs were damaged a couple of years ago and repairing them is supposed to happen. 

• Like 1

Thanks. We only walk. No cabs. But clearly we missed it .... or all I remember is some long stairs. 😉

If anyone dines/drinks at the new place, I hope they leave some feedback on their experience.