Does anyone know if RCCL allow small POC onboard.

I have tried contacting RCCL.  The person I spoke to didn't know what a Personal Oxygen Concentrator was, so he sent me a special needs/assistance form to complete. My concern is that there is no mention of a POC on the form.  Would I be correct in assuming I don't have to notify them beforehand. All this is new to me only recently having been prescribed.

I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone with recent experience of taking one onboard. 

• Like 1

I saw someone bringing one off Explorer a week ago.  However I would definitely fill out the form and add what you’ll be bringing on board.  You don’t want to be denied boarding. Do not assume because it’s not on the form that you don’t need authorization. 

I would fill out the form, but then the week of your cruise, I would call special needs and ask if everything is okay/approved.

When I called, I found out I needed a special letter to get any non-alcohol beverage container over 17oz onboard (and that the container had to be shelf-stable til opened).  Since the smallest container for oat milk is 32oz, the RCCL contact wrote me an immediate letter and sent it to me by email detailing exactly what I was bringing onboard (2 32oz shelf-stable oat milk containers).

When the scanners saw the items, I told them the letter for them was in the front pocket of the same luggage, and I was 100% good to go immediately.

So, I'd imagine you'd also get a letter written detailing what this is and this can come aboard in your carryon if you made that call.

CruiseIv04 and Two Misfits

Thank you for your helpful replies, much appreciated. I’ve filled out the form and will email it back.  Also I’ll make sure I have written approval.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kenisawake said:

CruiseIv04 and Two Misfits

Thank you for your helpful replies, much appreciated. I’ve filled out the form and will email it back.  Also I’ll make sure I have written approval.

There will be no problem bringing and using a POC onboard, as long as it is noted to special needs, as you have done.  The output of a POC is flammable, so the crew needs to be aware that a source of near pure oxygen is onboard, and what cabin it is registered to.  Not sure how RCI handles it, but you may find a small round colored dot sticker on your cabin door frame that identifies the cabin as a source of oxygen.

• Like 1