Odyssey Category 2D - Balcony Room - Where is the Bed?

Going on Odyssey in September 2025 from Rome.  Cruised Odyssey's sister ship Ovation in 2022 in a Balcony Stateroom cat 2D.  I remember that the layout of these rooms varied, and some have the bed located next to the balcony, and others are opposite, with the bed by the entry door, and the sitting area by the balcony.  Really enjoyed the bed by the balcony.  If I want to book this category room, how can I determine the layout?

Thanks

27 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Find the nearest connecting balcony pair.  Left is by the balcony, right is by the bathroom.

Follow the deck plan in pairs to determine bed location of the desired stateroom.

I was trying this for our upcoming Odyssey trip. From our stateroom there is a change of category before you get to a connecting balcony. Does the logic still hold true?

3 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I was trying this for our upcoming Odyssey trip. From our stateroom there is a change of category before you get to a connecting balcony. Does the logic still hold true?

I don't know.  IIRC, all regular balcony cabins holding 3+ people have bed by the bath (at least on Oasis class), so you might be able to use that as a guide.

Hopefully @Ourusualbeach pops in and corrects me if I'm wrong.  😄

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mikewa said:

Going on Odyssey in September 2025 from Rome.  Cruised Odyssey's sister ship Ovation in 2022 in a Balcony Stateroom cat 2D.  I remember that the layout of these rooms varied, and some have the bed located next to the balcony, and others are opposite, with the bed by the entry door, and the sitting area by the balcony.  Really enjoyed the bed by the balcony.  If I want to book this category room, how can I determine the layout?

Thanks

Google or Bing the cabin number and you may get the desired results.  When I sail on Oasis class, I select a CP balcony and usually select 12595 and I'm guaranteed a bed by the balcony.

19 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I don't know.  IIRC, all regular balcony cabins holding 3+ people have bed by the bath (at least on Oasis class), so you might be able to use that as a guide.

Hopefully @Ourusualbeach pops in and corrects me if I'm wrong.  😄

Almost correct.  It would have been correct a couple of years ago but now it is all balconies on OA class that hold 4 will have the bed by the bath.  They changed a bunch of cabins from double occupancy to triple and those can have the bed in either location

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Almost correct.  It would have been correct a couple of years ago but now it is all balconies on OA class that hold 4 will have the bed by the bath.  They changed a bunch of cabins from double occupancy to triple and those can have the bed in either location

Ok, that makes sense as I was perplexed.  Have a sail on Wonder and my son's family totaling 3 are right next-door cabin #12597 and both mine (95) and his have beds by the balcony.  This was not the case last August on Oasis.