Last minute cut rate pricing (concerning)

Marylebone37

2 hours ago, tgg said:

I too jumped on the 10% bonus offer. It paid for all our shore excursions.

When I got the offer, I thought it would be 10% off our remaining balance. When I read someone's post about getting 10% off on the total cost of the cruise, I had our travel agent check. YUP. Great deal.

Wow! Was your TA able to get you 10% while the consumer website was showing 5%? I ask because it is showing 5% right now. We are about to book 3 cabins for B2B Perry Golf cruises in August 2025. 

All three couples  are getting 5% on money in CDs right now, so we weren't going to pay off early, but 10% would be a game changer. 

22 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

Wow! Was your TA able to get you 10% while the consumer website was showing 5%? I ask because it is showing 5% right now. We are about to book 3 cabins for B2B Perry Golf cruises in August 2025. 

All three couples  are getting 5% on money in CDs right now, so we weren't going to pay off early, but 10% would be a game changer. 

It was a very short term offer and, as far as I know, had never been done before or since. I also don't know if it went to a targeted list or whether it was a general offer. I don't know what the consumer website was showing at the time. Sorry I can't be of more help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, tgg said:

It was a very short term offer and, as far as I know, had never been done before or since. I also don't know if it went to a targeted list or whether it was a general offer. I don't know what the consumer website was showing at the time. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thanks for responding. I imagine it was quite short-term, indeed. 

5 hours ago, tgg said:

I received an email offer for 7% but didn't pull the trigger.  The next email at 10% floated my boat. We received $1,400 OBC.  Plus I received 3% cash back from my credit card and another $1,500 TA rebate.  Well worth it.

I only took it on this December's cruise but not two we have booked for next year. 

• Like 1