Purchasing a Hot Glass Glass class on the Solstice class ship

On 6/16/2024 at 9:37 AM, PH2 said:

It was a lot of fun. Also, be sure to wrap it well but if you're taking it in your carry-on, make sure it's accessible. When we went through airport security my piece alerted (the jellyfish which, in fairness, looks like a small warhead on xray). We had it overly wrapped up and buried in our carry-on and spent 15 minutes with security while they took everything out of the bag and unwrapped it to examined it. Security guy thought it was pretty cool though!

I am signed up and want to make a jelly fish.  Do you remember the cost of it.  How long ago was it that you make your jelly fish.  And I hope you can tell me approx how big if was, when you added more bubble wrap in you carry on?  I need to plan out space in my luggage, which will mean bringing less clothes LOL,

On 6/16/2024 at 1:23 PM, fligster said:

My wife did it and it was fun. Just make sure to sign up as soon as possible, as the time slots go quickly. She didn't get one until the last day and then we had to pickup her piece from Guest Service on debarkation morning. Here is a video of my wife making hers.

Wow, I plan to make one of these.  How big is the jellyfish?  How big was it wrapped up in bubble wrap?

8 minutes ago, yogamom said:

Wow, I plan to make one of these.  How big is the jellyfish?  How big was it wrapped up in bubble wrap?

It is about 5.5-6 inches tall. But it is very heavy for the size since its solid glass. It weighs about 3.5 lbs. There wasn't too much bubble wrap. We drove to port, so getting it home was easy. i would recommend having it in carryon if flying.

Edited by fligster
mispelling
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, yogamom said:

I am signed up and want to make a jelly fish.  Do you remember the cost of it.  How long ago was it that you make your jelly fish.  And I hope you can tell me approx how big if was, when you added more bubble wrap in you carry on?  I need to plan out space in my luggage, which will mean bringing less clothes LOL,

It was one of the pieces that was the base cost for the session so it didn't cost any more than what the session cost. I don't recall the cost but I think it was about $110 each person? This was on the Solstice in September of last year.

There are other pieces that cost more and you just add on the extra cost to the price of the session.

They wrapped it, we think with bubble wrap?We wrapped it a little more in some paper and towels/clothes. It's relatively small. My wife made a vase which was much larger.

• Thanks 1