Pirate's LIVE on Vista Again *June 9-15, 2024*

Where did I leave off yesterday? Chris and I basically bar hopped all afternoon…went to the Red Frog Pub and made friends with Diana, then proceeded to Alchemy and met Mirela, Janko, and Isa. I was suprised that Alchemy wasn’t busier, we easily got seats. From there we went to Cucina for dinner, and it was SO GOOD. That bread….yum! The calamari was crispy and the marinara had excellent flavor. Chicken parm was so good, I ate way too much of it! And the cookie dessert…yum! 

IMG_2761.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

IMG_2764.jpeg

IMG_2766.jpeg

IMG_2768.jpeg

IMG_2773.jpeg

• Like 10

Marty and Gary came by while we were at Alchemy, and they are both so nice. I like seeing the CD out and about mingling with guests. 
After way too many drinks, we called it a day about 10. I’m feeling a little worse for wear today, so don’t expect many pretty drink pictures…I think it’s gonna be a rehydration day for me! We are currently waiting for a table for brunch, I need to get something in my belly. 

• Like 8

For some reason yesterday and today neither mine nor Chris’s Hub app is working to check us in for meals. It’s weird. We came down to the restaurant and they checked us in manually, but I guess we will be going to Guest Services after we eat to see what’s up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it’s still being wonky. 

• Like 4

Your dinner last night looks delicious!!! Marty is so friendly and interacts so well with everyone. Several times during our B2B, he walked over to us to see how we were doing. And the Captain gave Mark an Italian language lesson one morning at Ocean Plaza Bar. 🤣

11 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

For some reason yesterday and today neither mine nor Chris’s Hub app is working to check us in for meals. It’s weird. We came down to the restaurant and they checked us in manually, but I guess we will be going to Guest Services after we eat to see what’s up. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it’s still being wonky. 

Where's @princess76021 with the Oh Crap button?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Your dinner last night looks delicious!!! Marty is so friendly and interacts so well with everyone. Several times during our B2B, he walked over to us to see how we were doing. And the Captain gave Mark an Italian language lesson one morning at Ocean Plaza Bar. 🤣

Marty really is friendly! We sailed with Gary in 2019 so I was excited to see him listed as being onboard this week too, and I think he will be great when he takes the reins over. 

• Like 1

Guest Services couldn't figure out the Hub app issue, so they put in a message to their technical team. They tried uninstalling and redownloading again to make sure we have the correct version, and still no luck. I guess we may be manually checking in for any meals in the MDR this week. 

isn’t it funny how we get use to technology, and then when it doesn’t work and we go back to doing things the “old way” we realize how spoiled we have gotten? 

• Like 8

Brunch was good, although lately I seem to be having cruddy luck with eggs Benedict…they’re always overcooked. Oh well, I’m certainly not going to go hungry. 

No Diamond luncheon this sailing, we have a cocktail party instead. My head and tummy aren’t quite sure how they feel about that, lol, I think I’ll be drinking Diet Pepsi. I’m disappointed I don’t get to try the yummy luncheon menu I’ve seen on previous reviews, I guess I’ll have to wait until our December sailing to experience it. 

IMG_2777.jpeg

IMG_2778.jpeg

IMG_2774.jpeg

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

i've been under allot of stress.  sorry.  

a woman in my neighborhood was murdered and i'm stressing.

she lived 5 houses away,  it is a very quiet neighborhood. 

been here for 39 years and never had any problems

now that i'm alone i am scared silly!!

using that oh crap button for myself right now

hugs from texas

• Like 11

2 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

Brunch was good, although lately I seem to be having cruddy luck with eggs Benedict…they’re always overcooked. Oh well, I’m certainly not going to go hungry. 

No Diamond luncheon this sailing, we have a cocktail party instead. My head and tummy aren’t quite sure how they feel about that, lol, I think I’ll be drinking Diet Pepsi. I’m disappointed I don’t get to try the yummy luncheon menu I’ve seen on previous reviews, I guess I’ll have to wait until our December sailing to experience it. 

IMG_2777.jpeg

IMG_2778.jpeg

IMG_2774.jpeg

Guess there aren't enough Diamonds on board to justify the luncheon. 😎

On 6/7/2024 at 7:57 PM, pirate4me2 said:

@ARcruisin2 said on my last live review that we needed pony pictures when I bid them goodbye for the duration of my trip. So, without further ado, I introduce to you all Lily (black), Latte (big white stripe down her face), Princess (Hershey brown with a star), and my spicy redhead Flirt. Flirt is the only one who is really mine, the rest are my mom’s, although since Flirt was so sick I’ve kinda taken over Lily for my riding horse.  

IMG_2687.jpeg

IMG_2693.jpeg

IMG_2695.jpeg

IMG_2691.jpeg

IMG_2694.jpeg

IMG_2690.jpeg

😍THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks for remembering and sharing 💓

2 hours ago, princess76021 said:

hugs from texas

Oh no!! That’s just awful. I’m so sorry for your neighborhood and her family. 

1 hour ago, mikayla73 said:

I missed it - which hotel?

Home2Suites

37 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Guess there aren't enough Diamonds on board to justify the luncheon. 😎

Must not be, the cocktail reception was not very full! 

5 minutes ago, ARcruisin2 said:

😍THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!

Thanks for remembering and sharing 💓

❤️

• Like 1

On 6/7/2024 at 8:28 AM, pirate4me2 said:

Chris is getting the rental truck all loaded up, gassed up, and ready for our early departure tomorrow morning. Now, I know I should be grateful the insurance company is allowing us to take it on the trip, but darn it…why’s it gotta be a Ford? First world problem I know, but we are Dodge people. So I’m saying this prayer before the trip: 

Dear Lord, please give us safe travels to FL. We’ve had enough bad luck with vehicles, and even tho Geico had the nerve to “grace” us with this lowly Ford, we are grateful. Give this hunk of aluminum the strength and power to transport us safely and efficiently to and from our destination, and then it can die in the Enterprise parking lot upon our return. Amen. 

Sorry any Ford people out there…I was raised in a die-hard Chevy family, and when I decided to rebel and bought a Ford, it was the only vehicle to leave me stranded…more than once! After that I went to a Chevy, which I loved, but when it was time to replace it I fell in love with Red, my old Dodge. I test drove a Chevy and Red, and, well, you know who won. I loved that truck, and cried when I traded her in for Maze.

But anyway…this post has gotten off track. It was just meant to say, the Hubs is packing the truck up, and tomorrow is travel day! Yahoo! Cross your fingers, toes, eyes, and whatever else that the Ford gets us to our destination safely! 

IMG_2681.jpeg

hopefully this one will redeem FORDs for you! 

This afternoon is consisting of a whole lotta nothing. Just existing. I honestly may still be drunk from last night. 😂 I have zero motivation. Chris and I have been hanging out in the Havana pool since we left the Diamond cocktail reception at noon. That was a nice little gathering, maybe 25-30 people. They had cocktails and little nibbles (sushi, spring rolls, mozzarella bites, mini lobster roll, fruit cups) and the senior officers came by and spoke to everyone. 

• Like 10

hugs from texas

Wow!  I just read the article about it. Definitely scary. Please take all extra precautions until this is resolved. 

• Like 2

hugs from texas

Oh no, that's terrible - I'm so sorry!

14 minutes ago, pirate4me2 said:

This afternoon is consisting of a whole lotta nothing. Just existing. I honestly may still be drunk from last night. 😂 I have zero motivation. Chris and I have been hanging out in the Havana pool since we left the Diamond cocktail reception at noon. That was a nice little gathering, maybe 25-30 people. They had cocktails and little nibbles (sushi, spring rolls, mozzarella bites, mini lobster roll, fruit cups) and the senior officers came by and spoke to everyone. 

Well that sounds like a nice event but why have a cocktail reception at 11:30 am? You'd think they could have at least had it in the afternoon. And there's nothing wrong with doing a whole lot of nothing! We did plenty of that in April. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, pirate4me2 said:

IMG_2777.jpeg

IMG_2778.jpeg

IMG_2774.jpeg

Nice to see it back in a smaller more intimate venue

1 hour ago, TNVolnteerCruiser said:

How did I miss the start of this one? 😩. I’m in.  Now to catch up on the 5 pages I missed.  Have a great cruise!

Welcome aboard!! 

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Nice to see it back in a smaller more intimate venue

It was really nice! 

• Like 1