Sapphire Restaurant choices

We will be sailing on the Gem soon. What are the choices for the two free

restaurant meals? Last time I cruised it was Cagney's, LeBistro or LaCucina but

I read somewhere that has changed. Thanks.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Peachypooh said:

We will be sailing on the Gem soon. What are the choices for the two free restaurant meals? Last time I cruised it was Cagney's, LeBistro or LaCucina but  read somewhere that has changed. Thanks.

Let's try to be more helpful.... 

You can use your Free at Sea and your Latitudes Vouchers at La Cucina, Cagney's Steakhouse, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki (one of their entree selections), Moderno Churrascaria (all you can eat), and Sushi (4 items off menu). 

Technically, Free at Sea offers 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, and 1 dessert. And Latitudes is 1 appetizer, 1 entree, and 1 dessert. But I have never been charged when using a Latitudes voucher for an additional soup/salad/appetizer. When you book 125 days before departure, book the fixed priced restaurants (Teppanyaki, Moderno) first, then the a la carte restaurants. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

You can use your Free at Sea and your Latitudes Vouchers at La Cucina, Cagney's Steakhouse, Le Bistro, Teppanyaki (one of their entree selections), Moderno Churrascaria (all you can eat), and Sushi (4 items off menu). 

Technically, Free at Sea offers 1 appetizer, 1 soup/salad, 1 entree, and 1 dessert. And Latitudes is 1 appetizer, 1 entree, and 1 dessert. But I have never been charged when using a Latitudes voucher for an additional soup/salad/appetizer. When you book 125 days before departure, book the fixed priced restaurants (Teppanyaki, Moderno) first, then the a la carte restaurants. 

Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it.

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Thank you so much for this info but I’m still confused on one thing. Can I use a latitude voucher and a FAS dining for Cagney.  Thus eating 2 different times at Cagneys.    I read older posts from a while back and I’m still a bit confused.

15 minutes ago, ddlb said:

Thank you so much for this info but I’m still confused on one thing. Can I use a latitude voucher and a FAS dining for Cagney.  Thus eating 2 different times at Cagneys.    I read older posts from a while back and I’m still a bit confused.

Yes. No problem. 

Technically, the latitudes vouchers say “don’t use both vouchers at the same place”. But eating both FAS and latitudes at Cagney’s is fine. 

The reservation system does not care how you are paying. That is done t the time you dine. FAS, Latitudes, purchased dining plan, vouchers from others, on board charge,,, just tell the hostess how you want to pay when you show up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ddlb said:

The old posts you read may have related to an issue where the online system wasn’t letting you make multiple reservations for the sameRestaurant in advance. This was a bug that could be avoided by calling and has now been resolved.

I’m not even sure whether the restriction on using the latitudes vouchers in the same restaurant twice is a real restriction. I’m not sure how they would police it, and I suspect that it is actually just bad wording by NCL (which isn’t unusual).

As stated above there is no issue with going to the same restaurant multiple times. We do it most cruises.

26 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

The old posts you read may have related to an issue where the online system wasn’t letting you make multiple reservations for the sameRestaurant in advance. This was a bug that could be avoided by calling and has now been resolved.

I’m not even sure whether the restriction on using the latitudes vouchers in the same restaurant twice is a real restriction. I’m not sure how they would police it, and I suspect that it is actually just bad wording by NCL (which isn’t unusual).

As stated above there is no issue with going to the same restaurant multiple times. We do it most cruises.

3 minutes ago, more2sea said:

Sorry if this is a repeat post having computer issues But:

Don't know if they will stop you on other ships or restaurans but on Pearl we were stopped by the hostess from using Latitudes twice at lacuina.   Going again was fine but could not use latitudes twice.

We had to use a free ar sea voucher second time. Could have been an issue if we had not had another voucher available.  Would have had to find another restaurant with an opening and most were already booked. We had to use our latitudes next night for different restaurant.

No problem it our mistake because it was clearly stated.

Not to hijack this thread but has anyone else seen the new updated specialty dining restaurants 

menus.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, more2sea said:

Sorry if this is a repeat post having computer issues But:

Don't know if they will stop you on other ships or restaurans but on Pearl we were stopped by the hostess from using Latitudes twice at lacuina.   Going again was fine but could not use latitudes twice.

We had to use a free ar sea voucher second time. Could have been an issue if we had not had another voucher available.  Would have had to find another restaurant with an opening and most were already booked. We had to use our latitudes next night for different restaurant.

No problem it our mistake because it was clearly stated.

Not to hijack this thread but has anyone else seen the new updated specialty dining restaurants 

menus.  

Thanks for confirming about using the vouchers twice. I think that this is the first reported example of someone actually trying it, so it’s good to have confirmation.

• Like 2