Happy Hour drink question from Diamond Plus 1st time Celebrity Cruise s

The major Royalizing will occur when 10% of the Celebrity ships are occupied by Pinnacles who are now sailing as Zeniths! I hope that Silversea does not become more Celebrity like and have the Luxury experience that is currently provided destroyed. 

6 minutes ago, billc23 said:

The major Royalizing will occur when 10% of the Celebrity ships are occupied by Pinnacles who are now sailing as Zeniths! I hope that Silversea does not become more Celebrity like and have the Luxury experience that is currently provided destroyed. 

another good  point.. seems  each move...leads to consequences..!

Hope we can afford to stay in our little AQ Class niche!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

another good  point.. seems  each move...leads to consequences..!

Hope we can afford to stay in our little AQ Class niche!

One can only hope. I always enjoyed Celebrity - enough to spend my vacation time and dollars to become Zenith - but the recent loud music everywhere, crowding, shorter time in ports, uncomfortable furniture, needing a strategy to find a quiet place to relax or needing to have the time a trip to the OVC based on when I can find a seat... and the constant nickel and dime charges, let alone the class system that gives entitlement to many passengers - has caused me to have most of my future bookings on other lines.

It was not even two years ago when I vigorously defended the Retreat on Celebrity when discussing cruise lines with a couple we met at a local Jazz club. They sailed Regent and said how it was a nicer experience than they had on larger ships. I let them know how the Retreat gave the best of both worlds, small ship luxury treatment and the entertainment of a large ship. After trying the smaller luxury lines I now realize I was wrong. 

32 minutes ago, billc23 said:

One can only hope. I always enjoyed Celebrity - enough to spend my vacation time and dollars to become Zenith - but the recent loud music everywhere, crowding, shorter time in ports, uncomfortable furniture, needing a strategy to find a quiet place to relax or needing to have the time a trip to the OVC based on when I can find a seat... and the constant nickel and dime charges, let alone the class system that gives entitlement to many passengers - has caused me to have most of my future bookings on other lines.

It was not even two years ago when I vigorously defended the Retreat on Celebrity when discussing cruise lines with a couple we met at a local Jazz club. They sailed Regent and said how it was a nicer experience than they had on larger ships. I let them know how the Retreat gave the best of both worlds, small ship luxury treatment and the entertainment of a large ship. After trying the smaller luxury lines I now realize I was wrong. 

You post sound like something from 10 years ago 🤔😉

Good Morning.

I cruise Celebrity and other lines.

Hope Celebrity stays as it is now for those of you who don't want any changes or suggestions.

Let's see what happens in the next 6 months.

Enjoy your cruises.

3 hours ago, hcat said:

Amen!  X has been Royalized  enough...If we still enjoyed Royal C and its mega ships we would book them!

Each line offers enough to its clientele..the Crossover  status situation just makes things worse...

Hi,

There are MANY posts on this topic using the terms "Royalized"

and "Royalizing" Celebrity cruises. Could anyone give me

examples or a list of what this is referring to? We are Elite +

but have done many cruises on RCL recently. We are returning to Celebrity this fall for 3 cruises (B2B2B 42 nights). By the 

tone of the comments on the posts what should I be most

terrified of?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, billc23 said:

try CUNARD!

44 minutes ago, BP99 said:

Hi,

There are MANY posts on this topic using the terms "Royalized"

and "Royalizing" Celebrity cruises. Could anyone give me

examples or a list of what this is referring to? We are Elite +

but have done many cruises on RCL recently. We are returning to Celebrity this fall for 3 cruises (B2B2B 42 nights). By the 

tone of the comments on the posts what should I be most

terrified of?

Thanks!

see post +54

Terrified is a bit strong.....crowded bars,  crowded, pools..loud and shouty!  The demographic is  blended more,  so maybe not much diff than Royal C...the X ships are still  very nice..most of them,  and not mega mega!  

I won't be back to post  on this thread....time for new ideas!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hcat said:

The Golden Age of X! 

20 years ago too! Loved the Century... and when the M class ships all had a great speciality restaurant at a reasonable cost. Large tables, not close together, and a Harpist playing background music. Real table side cooking instead of table side finishing and plating. I also sailed Royal voyager class back then... Celebrity was a very different experience than sailing Royal back then - not so much now.

19 hours ago, hcat said:

used to be  Captains table..invites as a perk!

Yes we had 5 invites through captains club invites in the past! Lovely experience.But this stopped a few years ago.