Royal Suite Amenities

First time booking a Royal Suite.  I saw listed in the room amenities "sleepwear".  Is that something Celebrity still does?  If so, what exactly do you receive?

3 minutes ago, patchit said:

First time booking a Royal Suite.  I saw listed in the room amenities "sleepwear".  Is that something Celebrity still does?  If so, what exactly do you receive?

We did not receive PJs on any of our last three cruises in a RS, two on an M class (Dec 2021) and one on an S class (Nov 2022).  We were told by the shoreside concierge that this (along with the monogramming) had ceased, but I do recall that this had something to do with ship class.  I don't know if it's still being done on E class.

There was also some discussion about the bathrobes, but they're big enough for people twice our size and would have taken most of a suitcase to bring home.

• Like 1

On our last and current cruises, we got PJs to take home. S class ships.  They can be monogrammed if you desire.  Robe for use only (not to keep).  I don’t think they reuse the slippers so you probably could keep them - IMHO they’re not so great that you’d want to. 

We'll be on the Ascent, so Edge Class.  So maybe there will be PJ's for us.

The slippers are a waste if you ask me.  Are the slippers different from the ones you receive in a Celebrity Suite?  If so, one size fits all doesn't cut it for me.  I have little feet!  I don't even take them out of the package. 

I was curious about the choice of 2 bottles of liquor, also.  Is there a list they provide?  Or can you tell them what you would like?

31 minutes ago, George C said:

Several years ago you got to keep a very plush robe , now you get pajamas. Love the other perks including 2 liters of liquor of your choice.

I have the old fleet wide 'amenities' chart from late 2020 - don't know if they've updated it - that showed that only the Apex was getting them at that time for some reason.  I'll attach it here.  It was a real piece of history for anyone wondering how it looked then.  Does anyone have a more current version?

Guess we'll see what turns up on our next cruise in November.

1577641448_AMENITIESGRID8_12.2020-1.xlsx

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, patchit said:

We'll be on the Ascent, so Edge Class.  So maybe there will be PJ's for us.

The slippers are a waste if you ask me.  Are the slippers different from the ones you receive in a Celebrity Suite?  If so, one size fits all doesn't cut it for me.  I have little feet!  I don't even take them out of the package. 

I was curious about the choice of 2 bottles of liquor, also.  Is there a list they provide?  Or can you tell them what you would like?

You can ask for bottles not on the list , within reason, I got a liter of Hennessy VS on our March cruise as one of our choices. We normally don’t drink in suite so we brought the two bottles home with us. Love the free specialty restaurants also.

Edited by George C

20 minutes ago, patchit said:

If things are as they were on our last cruise in an RS (2022), those are often 1L bottles (not 750s), too! 

You should be contacted by the shoreside concierge prior to your departure to deal with this, among other things.  You can negotiate, but I'd recommend you look at the lists of spirits offered on the 'classic' vs. 'premium' packages normally offered and choose whatever you like - probably from the 'premium' list, and see how you do. 

For those that don't drink much hard liquor, you can also request a couple of decent bottles of wine instead.  That will require some additional negotiation.  I had access to recent copies of the MDR and Luminae wine lists thanks to someone here at CC, and didn't press too hard toward the high end, but they were willing to supply a couple of 750s of Tignanello, for which I was most appreciative.

2 bottles of wine or spirits plus a bottle of decent champagne. Unlike the luxury lines, these are not replenished.  However, you do have the premium beverage package. Must admit I wish  they let you order more wine for the cabin.  But it is what it is.  You can of course bring 2 bottles of wine on board with you.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ggo85 said:

2 bottles of wine or spirits plus a bottle of decent champagne. Unlike the luxury lines, these are not replenished.  However, you do have the premium beverage package. Must admit I wish  they let you order more wine for the cabin.  But it is what it is.  You can of course bring 2 bottles of wine on board with you.  

I traded my champagne for two bottles of decoy Cabernet 

We have received pajamas (sometimes monogramed) for the past few years in the RS and PS.  The latest was in Feb. 2024 on Constellation.  Previously it was Millennium and  Solstice class ships.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 2:21 PM, goldsmip115 said:

Just be sure to pack your own lounge chairs for the verandah as they are no longer offered.

and your own lavazza if you want decent coffee in the room.. was a nice perk while it lasted..

14 minutes ago, 2NHcruisers said:

and your own lavazza if you want decent coffee in the room.. was a nice perk while it lasted..

When did *that* stop?  Had it in RS M and S class as recently as Nov 2022.

Beginning to wonder why I'm looking at Celebrity again after moving to Silversea for 2023.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

Beginning to wonder why I'm looking at Celebrity again after moving to Silversea for 2023.

we had a lavazza machine in Sept 2022 on equinox (but werent supposed to; There was one stored under the sink so I put it into service and the butler kept us stocked 🙂

However on equinox in Dec 22 we were told NO, nyet, no way. go that from the butler, and the retreat hosts and Daniel, the retreat manager.  

What really was annoying was they did away with the butler pantry for the RS area, so the butlers had to go do el baco and get a watered down cappuccino in a paper cup.. I gave up and just had them bring a pot of coffee.. 

Other insult was no off menu in Murano per the m'd; m'd was a pita.. the waiters would be glad to if we were out of site of m'd..

We concur, Celebrity isnt the line it was.. Its really gone down hill past few years..

17 minutes ago, 2NHcruisers said:

What really was annoying was they did away with the butler pantry for the RS area, so the butlers had to go do el baco and get a watered down cappuccino in a paper cup.. I gave up and just had them bring a pot of coffee.

Unless they repurposed the space for some reason, why on Earth quit stocking and using it???  Just makes life harder on the butlers and pax. 

Did you notice what they're doing with the space?

1 hour ago, canderson said:

I had a lavazza machine in my suite March to May 2024.

How did you like Silversea? How does it compare to the Retreat?

3 minutes ago, billc23 said:

Just headed out the door.  Will leave this page up and respond this evening.

The experience was very positive.  We took a Silver Suite on Dawn, roughly equivalent to a Royal Suite on the M and S class ships.

We had the coffee machine on our Equinox cruise in October, 2024.  We were on a B2B and received pajamas for both legs.  The tops fit great but the bottoms are always too small. 

10 hours ago, billc23 said:

So, back to it.

We enjoyed our Silversea experience very much.  Granted, our experience is limited, but it was my impression that what would be considered outstanding service on X is pretty much the norm on Silversea.  Then again, the crew:pax ratio is a good bit higher on Silversea, so I guess this isn't surprising.  We sailed on Dawn, where it's 411:596 (0.69) at double occupancy capacity.  On the crew heavier M class ships, it's still only 999:2710 (0.46). 

With half again as many crew members working for the same number of pax, one would expect a higher level of service.

Since Silversea is 'technically' a classless ship, it's different from the Retreat in that all are invited to dine and participate equally.  There's no Luminae, no Retreat Deck, no Retreat Lounge / Michael's.

Food overall was very good, though there were two dings in particular.  Sushi on 5 lays out nicer sushi and sashimi than the equivalent Silversea ship, and I had one entree where it was to include lemongrass as part of the recipe, and as much as I like the stuff, I suspect someone blew the recipe, because it had totally overpowered the dish - and I do mean totally.  Imagine seeing a recipe call for 0.5kg of lemongrass and adding 5kg instead!  Menus were sufficiently varied, and it was easy to move back and forth between two of the dining rooms, with others available on a reservation basis.  Wait staff was excellent, and the sommeliers (one real L2 and one L3) were the best we've had shipboard. 

Speaking of wine ... Here's a kicker ... like any line, Silversea will sell wine by the bottle.  The difference is that they often charge normal shoreside retail for it, not Celebrity's 2.5X or more shoreside retail.  I was able to score a couple of bottles of Tignanello, and one even higher end Antinori, at slightly LESS than they cost here at home.  Found a new favorite of that genre while there, too, $215.

image.thumb.png.7c425d9ab6b273502e118dce8c48519b.png

I really liked my Illy espresso machine in the cabin, and will definitely miss the Lavazza if it's not there when I check into my RS in November. 

• Thanks 1

We’ve done SS twice in a Silver Suite and agree with above comparison to a RS. The other big differences are no need to show your card for anything other than spa, gift shop and getting on and off the ship,  Also, no sales pitches or “nickel and diming” you. They aren’t looking to separate you from your money at every opportunity (they do that up front!). You don’t realize how great that is until you’ve experienced it. 

The one downside (for some) is the entertainment options are MUCH more limited on the smaller ships. 

Must admit that current cruise on Silhouette has somewhat restored my faith in X (after a terrible one on Reflection earlier this year).  But unless the corporate folks make some changes, like bringing back loungers and free gratuities for upper level suites, this will be our last X cruise.  There are other lines that give you more for your money and don’t have nonsensical policies like removing loungers.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ggo85 said:

We’ve done SS twice in a Silver Suite and agree with above comparison to a RS. The other big differences are no need to show your card for anything other than spa, gift shop and getting on and off the ship,  Also, no sales pitches or “nickel and diming” you. They aren’t looking to separate you from your money at every opportunity (they do that up front!). You don’t realize how great that is until you’ve experienced it. 

The one downside (for some) is the entertainment options are MUCH more limited on the smaller ships. 

Must admit that current cruise on Silhouette has somewhat restored my faith in X (after a terrible one on Reflection earlier this year).  But unless the corporate folks make some changes, like bringing back loungers and free gratuities for upper level suites, this will be our last X cruise.  There are other lines that give you more for your money and don’t have nonsensical policies like removing loungers.  

We also chose the Silver Suite as it seemed the closest match to an X RS, and for some reason, the Muse class ships put their next higher two categories right up in the front of the ship - nice for port days, but on a TA, not very practical if you like veranda time.

Agree on the entertainment options.  I think the one thing that surprised us was that while the main theater is smaller, the other venues around the ship are not (tons of public space), and yet X is able to provide a 3~4 piece string ensemble or similar and SS is not. 

Back to amenities:

One of the unexpected RS 'amenities' on X was the presence of a WiFi node for a mesh network? in one of the cabinets of the main room of our RS (first seen in 2021).  Made for solid 5 bar WiFi connections.  I don't know how they've placed them around, but if that's a feature in RS in general, it's a nice benefit if you have things you need or want to do online during a cruise. 

I still can't find an X 'Amenities Grid' that is more recent than the one I posted from 2020, and things have changed since then.  Anyone?

Edited by canderson
typoz

On 6/8/2024 at 10:41 AM, patchit said:

I'm in a RS in a few weeks, here's the list of alcohols the Shoreside concierge provided to choose from (to stock the mini bar and to choose the 2 bottles of liquor with a note that "in case the liquor is not your preferred option we can substitute with a bottle of wine, we carry a variety of Merlot, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir, Riesling, and Sauvignon Blanc")

Premium Beer List:

Pale Lager:

Budweiser
Bud Light
Corona Extra
Heineken
Moretti
Red Stripe
Grolsch
Stella Artois

Lager:

Amstel Light
Coors Light
Miller Lite
Estrella Damm Daura (gluten free)

Amber Lager:

Dos Equis
Golden Pale Ale:
Boddington’s
La Fin Du Monde - tripel-style

Pale Ale:

Sierra Nevada
Leffe Blonde - Belgian
Brown Ale:
Newcastle

IPA: (Indian Pale Ale)

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
Lagunitas
Wheat Beer:
Franziskaner
Blue Moon

Dry Stout:

Guinness
Ciders:
Strongbow- dry cider
Alcohol-Free:
O’Doul’s

Premium Spirits List:

Bourdon:

Bullet
Four Roses 80 Proof
Jim Beam
Maker's Mark
Woodford Reserve
Woodford Double Oaked

Cognac:

Hennessy VS
Remy Martin VSOP

Gin:

Beefeater
Bombay Sapphire
Gordon's
Gunpowder
Hendrick's
Plymouth
Prairie
Tanqueray

Liqueur:

Aperol
Bailey's Irish Cream
Campari
Chambord
Cointreau
Disaronno Amaretto
Disaronno Velvet
Drambuie
Kahlua
Licor 43
Sambuca Romana
Southern Comfort
Tia Maria

Rum:

Bacardi Silver
Bacardi 8 Anos
Brugal Anejo
Bumbu Rum
Captain Morgan
Diplomatico Rum Reserva
Malibu
Rum Pyrat XO
Ron Zacapa 23

Scotch:

Chivas Regal 12
Dewars White Label
Famous Grouse
Glenlivet
Johnnie Walker Black
Johnnie Walker Double Black
Johnnie Walker Red
Monkey Shoulder
Glenmorangie Original Whiskey - 10 year

Tequila:

Don Julio Blanco
Don Julio Reposado
Ghost Tequila
Patron Reposado
Patron Silver
Teremana Blanco
Teremana Reposado

Vodka:

Absolut
Belvedere
Chopin
Christiana
Cîroc
Grey Goose
Ketel One
Ketel One Botanical
Tito's
Smirnoff
Wheatly

Rye:

Rittenhouse
Woodford Rye
Whistle Pig 6 YR Piggyback

Whiskey:

Canadian Club
Crown Royal
Jack Daniel's Black
Jack Daniel's Gentleman
Jack Daniel's Tennessee Honey
Jameson
Seagram's VO

• Like 1

We are in the RS and have the coffee maker.  The one that starts with an “L.”  I don’t drink coffee so I don’t care, but for those who do, it’s still there, at least in our cabin.