Refund of Port Fees When a Port is Deleted from an Itinerary?

Teechur

We will be traveling on the Emerald Princess from Fort Lauderdale to Quebec, departing on June 19th. Newport R.I. has been deleted from our itinerary. Is it likely that we will receive a small refund or OBC for port fees?

Posted (edited)

You will see port fees as refundable OBC on your folio.  When?

Were you notified by Princess? Or looked on your app?  I just learned that the app sometimes glitches…minus a port although still showing on personalizer.

On our north bound New England voyage, Newport was cancelled enroute due to weather last summer.

Edited by cr8tiv1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You will see port fees as refundable OBC on your folio.  When?

Were you notified by Princess? Or looked on your app?  I just learned that the app sometimes glitches…minus a port although still showing on personalizer.

On our north bound New England voyage, Newport was cancelled enroute due to weather last summer.

We were informed that we will be skipping Newport and traveling slower, in order to protect marine life (whales, Godzilla, etc.).

Last year, we skipped a port in Iceland due to weather. I don't remember us getting any sort of refund. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Teechur
punctuation repair
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Teechur said:

We will be traveling on the Emerald Princess from Fort Lauderdale to Quebec, departing on June 19th. Newport R.I. has been deleted from our itinerary. Is it likely that we will receive a small refund or OBC for port fees?

We are on Sky Princess later in the year. Two of the ports of call st.John's Newfoundland and Rockland Maine have been omitted due to access and size of ship. No alternatives could be found therefore they have added Brest and Cherbourg France and have given us an extra $100 OBC, which is fair. I haven't been to Rockland, but there's not much at St. John's and quite often due to weather you don't get in anyway. I think of three previous cruises that took in St.John's we got in once. 

10 hours ago, Cruisemeister2002 said:

due to access and size of ship.

Didn't they know how big the ship was before setting the itinerary?  😀

It's sort of funny, really.

15 hours ago, ecs66 said:

Didn't they know how big the ship was before setting the itinerary?  😀

It's sort of funny, really.

You ain't kidding. Last year a cruise to the US,Caribbean and Mexico had our first port of call as Bermuda. Four day's, yes four day's before we docked the captain said we wouldn't be calling in because of the weather. He must have had a fantastic crystal ball. Not that I'm sceptical or anything like that, but could it have been that the ship docked 5 hours late in Southampton and then sailed five and a half hours late. The cruise was a nightmare as our next port of call was Freeport Bahamas, so ten day's at sea before our first port, then the return journey was from Cape Canaveral, six days to Ponta del Garda (Azures) then another three days to Southampton. As for Rockland I don't know whether it's a recent thing that certain size ships aren't allowed in and whilst not making excuses for Princess these itinerary's are made sometime two years in advance.