TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

1 minute ago, WhiteOptima said:

What were your thoughts on the exit row seats?  Leg room yes but when you had food and tried watching something?  And no where to store anything?

We did one that was A had nothing in front of it then B&C had the 2 exit row seats.  Yeah my DH drove me insane as he had leg room sitting in A and I had all his crap with me in B.

Very mixed. The 787 had insanely narrow seats. I’d heard that, but it was rough. The legroom was great, but you’re right… the hinge on my pop up screen didn’t work, people kept bumping into it, none of the chargers worked… I didn’t have anything to store (because AF took it) and B put her purse in the overhead. lavatories nearby was convenient. There were pluses and minuses for sure, but all things being equal I think I’d take the exit row seats every time…. If the wifi worked and outlets charged I’d have been fine and dandy. We have the exact same seats headed home so hopefully that’s the case!

• Like 9

Figured maybe we’d fight through it and walk around a tiny bit, find something to eat, check out the square… that’s when the snoring behind me began… stay tuned!

• Like 3
  • Haha 27

So confusion still abounds on where the ship will be docking tomorrow. NCL has given two different answers pretty consistently; online calendars still say the cruise port here at the hotel, our eDocs say the cargo terminal across town. Last I was told, the agent said the didn’t know, but if it was the cargo terminal they would provide shuttles from the cruise pier? Guess we’ll just see in the morning!

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

So confusion still abounds on where the ship will be docking tomorrow. NCL has given two different answers pretty consistently; online calendars still say the cruise port here at the hotel, our eDocs say the cargo terminal across town. Last I was told, the agent said the didn’t know, but if it was the cargo terminal they would provide shuttles from the cruise pier? Guess we’ll just see in the morning!

Do they have cams where you can watch the ships come in like we do over here?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fla33023 said:

Do they have cams where you can watch the ships come in like we do over here?

Good question… probably, but I’ve just been looking at Pearl’s webcam…

IMG_2475.thumb.jpeg.5f5c3dce650379f7bc08a3dac00420a1.jpeg

she’s currently leaving Ravenna bound for here in Trieste! Almost time!

IMG_2476.thumb.jpeg.a13bce723362b72605759e7f81df5c0a.jpeg

• Like 16

13 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Very interested where the ship ends up docked in Trieste -- our docs for Escape July 3 also say one thing, but the calendars say another. We are using Goopti for transfers from Venice Piazza Roma to Trieste the morning of the cruise, so not sure how much our driver will play along if the location is unknown until we are in town. In addition, Trieste is hosting Catholic social week that week, and will be congested with road closures, preparing for the Italian president, the Pope, etc.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

That’s the restaurant down there under the dome - the breeze feels amazing and something smells great 

IMG_2482.thumb.jpeg.c72489e887e94c17810b3c57c2fbfb20.jpeg

Did I miss something? Isn't the last meal you had the baguette and quiche like 12 hours ago? Anything would smell good to me at that point!! But I looked up that hotel restaurant and the menu does look like it would smell good!

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

17 minutes ago, VictorWI said:

Did I miss something? Isn't the last meal you had the baguette and quiche like 12 hours ago? Anything would smell good to me at that point!! But I looked up that hotel restaurant and the menu does look like it would smell good!

You’re right - we are about to rectify that problem!

• Like 12