TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

49 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

If you can only do one, I'd recommend Le Bistro. Hard to go wrong with Specialty, though. 

Le Bistro is the only spot on the ship with a dress code, but yeah, they don't really want to enforce it and tick anybody off. My observation anyway. 

I agree.  Looked at the menu.  I am an Escargot and Beef Tenderloin (rare) woman!  I bet they have a great wine selection too!  Btw, my husband's name is Paul too.  We love Specialty Diinners starting off w a chilled Grey Goose Martini w bleu cheese olives, a bottle of wine w entree, decadent dessert, cappuccino (Paul likes espreeso w Zambuca) and a nice sipping liqueur to round off a wonderful dining experience.  We are usually the last ones in the dining room!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lovincruisin1321 said:

I agree.  Looked at the menu.  I am an Escargot and Beef Tenderloin (rare) woman!  I bet they have a great wine selection too!  Btw, my husband's name is Paul too.  We love Specialty Diinners starting off w a chilled Grey Goose Martini w bleu cheese olives, a bottle of wine w entree, decadent dessert, cappuccino (Paul likes espreeso w Zambuca) and a nice sipping liqueur to round off a wonderful dining experience.  We are usually the last ones in the dining room!

You had me at bleu cheese olives. I think I ate my weight in those at Adagio on Ruby Princess years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you so much for this review ! I am doing a similar itinerary on the Carnival Legend in October and I am afraid of Santorini based on your review and others. I am in my mid 70’s and I don’t think there is anyway I could make it up or down to there. I guess I’ll have to enjoy the view of Santorini from the side of the ship ! I loved all your pictures ! I am a retired teacher and glad that I can finally cruise whenever I want and not only on school holidays !!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Retired20 said:

Thank you so much for this review ! I am doing a similar itinerary on the Carnival Legend in October and I am afraid of Santorini based on your review and others. I am in my mid 70’s and I don’t think there is anyway I could make it up or down to there. I guess I’ll have to enjoy the view of Santorini from the side of the ship ! I loved all your pictures ! I am a retired teacher and glad that I can finally cruise whenever I want and not only on school holidays !!

Those will be the days! You've earned it!

And don't be afraid to see Santorini based on my experience alone... it depends on what ships are in port with you that day, and of course how early you plan on getting back to the ship.

• 3 weeks later...