TxTeach79's Pearl European Adventure LIVE - 6/24

3 hours ago, expattraveler said:

Exactly. A hidden gem!

Dinner looked fantastic and apparently it was!

As always thanks for the great live…

I can confirm that the dinner was INCREDIBLE! I left with half of it on my dress. 😳🤦🏻‍♀️ I wish it was socially acceptable for adults to wear bibs when eating. 😂😂 Had to do some sink laundry back at the hotel! #DamageControl

• Like 8
  • Haha 19

2:30a here. It’s the standard thing where my body thought we were napping so I’m up at a weird time after a few hours sleep. Regardless, boarding doesn’t start till noon and we should be right next door, so worst case scenario we are relaxing like crazy til then. 

I remember beating jet lag in one day last summer in Barcelona, then I remembered it was only because we drank half the sangria in Spain and conked out hard..

• Like 4
  • Haha 25

53 minutes ago, HelloItsMeB said:

Hi, y’all! I am finally caught up. 😮‍💨 Yes, it is 1:30 AM here. Party P is snoring beside me. 😂

A few added thoughts and comments …

- Air France did provide that unnecessary stress upfront (at no extra charge, lucky us! 🙄😂), but aside from that, the rest was smooth and a relatively good travel experience.
- Can confirm “Guiseppe” who we fondly refer to as “Thirst Trap” was 23. And unfortunately, ladies, he does have a girlfriend! 😭😅 We learned that she is from and currently lives in Ukraine. That was interesting and sad talking to him about that for a bit. But I digress. I highly recommend that car service we used. It was pricey, but so worth it after so much traveling already! He was very nice and very professional and also gave us some good tips and tidbits about the area. Anyway, it’s called SKV. We booked through viator, but he said it’s cheaper to book directly through their site: https://skv-transfer.com/shuttles/

- Trieste is incredible, and I am in love. I haven’t been back to Italy since 2009. My grandma was born in the tiny town of Amalfi, so on that trip, I went to the Amalfi coast, saw the house she was born in, and met my relatives who still live there! Fun fact: they have since turned it into a bed and breakfast. Can’t wait to take Party P there someday. So, all that to say, it’s great to be back in the (grand) motherland! 🥰❤️😍

Thank you to all of you for following along! Ciao for now! 

Just wanted to say thank you. You guys are so generous taking the time to keep us all informed and entertained💜

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HelloItsMeB said:

I can confirm that the dinner was INCREDIBLE! I left with half of it on my dress. 😳🤦🏻‍♀️ I wish it was socially acceptable for adults to wear bibs when eating. 😂😂 Had to do some sink laundry back at the hotel! #DamageControl

There's just something magical about Italian food in Italy (besides the magic attraction to clothing).

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

36 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

I’d go watch her sail in, but the snoring is on the other foot (???) now and I don’t want to disturb 

On a quick serious note.  Since both of you have mentioned about the other one snoring, have either of you ever had a sleep study done to acknowledge the possibility of sleep apnea?  

I've been using a CPAP, now a BiPAP for over 20 years and it's done wonders.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Retired-N-Happy said:

On a quick serious note.  Since both of you have mentioned about the other one snoring, have either of you ever had a sleep study done to acknowledge the possibility of sleep apnea?  

I've been using a CPAP, now a BiPAP for over 20 years and it's done wonders.

Maybe I will at some point. Losing some weight would help of course - but I’m not worrying about that for the next 11 nights. 

• Like 17

11 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Maybe I will at some point. Losing some weight would help of course - but I’m not worrying about that for the next 11 nights. 

Aint Nobody Got Time For That Darian Sticker - Aint Nobody Got Time For That Darian Clash Of Clans Stickers

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

Posted (edited)

how many hours ahead of Dallas Central Standard Time are you so we can synchronize our clocks

Ah you just answered my question-6 hours

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Stallion said:

how many hours ahead of Dallas Central Standard Time are you so we can synchronize our clocks

Ah you just answered my question-6 hours

6 hours doesn't seem right, I think it's 8 hrs from DC so maybe 9?

• Like 3