SF parking? New ownership 80 Francisco. Help

I was booked at the recommended 80 Francisco St near the port but I contacted ABM who I booked with a few months ago and they told me they are no longer the management for the 80 Francisco St garage. They told me to contact that garages new management but after a lot of searching online I can’t find who its owner is now. It’s not impact either. 

Does anyone have any advice for long term parking other than 80 Francisco? Does anyone know who the new ownership is for that garage?

Thank you!

7 hours ago, CreamsicleCatMom said:

I was booked at the recommended 80 Francisco St near the port but I contacted ABM who I booked with a few months ago and they told me they are no longer the management for the 80 Francisco St garage. They told me to contact that garages new management but after a lot of searching online I can’t find who its owner is now. It’s not impact either. 

Does anyone have any advice for long term parking other than 80 Francisco? Does anyone know who the new ownership is for that garage?

Thank you!

From the San Francisco Port website:

Metropolis offers long-term cruise parking at 80 Francisco Street. Contact rjeangilles@metropolis.io and anguyen@metropolis.io or call 415.398.4162 with questions about your reservation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DUTRAVEL said:

From the San Francisco Port website:

Metropolis offers long-term cruise parking at 80 Francisco Street. Contact rjeangilles@metropolis.io and anguyen@metropolis.io or call 415.398.4162 with questions about your reservation.

I checked their site too but thank you for also looking. The number is bad and I emailed the addresses with no reply so far. I also checked the Metropolis site and it online gives an option to book monthly online. 

I actually called the port and they told me they have been meaning up update their website due to the incorrect number. 

I'm glad I stumbled across this post, as we also had reservations at that parking garage for our August cruise. I booked in April. Was ABM not planning on contacting those with reservations to let us know?? I've contacted them via email to see how to obtain a refund (that's what the phone recording instructed me to do).  I am also now on the search again for parking in San Francisco if anyone has suggestions. 

We have a cruise in July and booked the parking months ago and we got email verification that they will still honor the parking by both companies.  I got scared after seeing this and was stressing to find other parking and just not many options out there.

2 hours ago, Breadnam said:

We have a cruise in July and booked the parking months ago and we got email verification that they will still honor the parking by both companies.  I got scared after seeing this and was stressing to find other parking and just not many options out there.

I just got that email yesterday but honestly am concerned still as the previous email I got from ABM was it wasn’t their garage anymore and I needed to contact the other company Metropolis.  It would suck to show up only for them not to honor it and now you have no parking. 

2 hours ago, Breadnam said:

Same here. I did a lot of research after this. Another cheap option I found was to rent a car from Avis and drop the car off at the Avis office inside the Hyatt that is at 5 Embarcadero. From there you can just walk down to pier 27 or grab a taxi or Uber from the Hyatt. For the return trip you again can pick up a rental car from the Avis Hyatt. 

Parking at the airport is always an option but honestly for me next time I plan to do the rental car option. I think after all this I’d rather not leave my car in SF anymore. I’m always worried about the lot safety there. This way I don’t have to worry about my car. 

On 6/12/2024 at 8:54 AM, Breadnam said:

Our cruise is end of July and I haven't received an email from either company. I made reservations in April. I just happened to stumble across this post yesterday, luckily. I emailed ABM and they did say the new company will honor my reservation but to contact them. After finding an email, I wrote them and she wrote back and stated my situation will be escalated to the next level. That was yesterday. I agree, I definitely want verification in writing from them before driving to San Francisco. 

1 hour ago, eos790 said:

Our cruise is end of July and I haven't received an email from either company. I made reservations in April. I just happened to stumble across this post yesterday, luckily. I emailed ABM and they did say the new company will honor my reservation but to contact them. After finding an email, I wrote them and she wrote back and stated my situation will be escalated to the next level. That was yesterday. I agree, I definitely want verification in writing from them before driving to San Francisco. 

This definitely could have been handled better but luckily maybe they'll accept all previous bookings as I don't see an easy way to book the same parking lot.  SF parking is horrible compared to Long Beach. We took a cruise to Mexico around Christmas and the bad part was being bussed back to terminal but thats just a minor inconvenience.  This july will be our 3rd and probably final trip on the Miracle, a great ship.

2 minutes ago, Breadnam said:

This definitely could have been handled better but luckily maybe they'll accept all previous bookings as I don't see an easy way to book the same parking lot.  SF parking is horrible compared to Long Beach. We took a cruise to Mexico around Christmas and the bad part was being bussed back to terminal but thats just a minor inconvenience.  This july will be our 3rd and probably final trip on the Miracle, a great ship.

I agree, I wonder how many people that have reservations there won't even find out about the change until they show up embarkation morning. My mom and I cruise frequently and this is our first and most likely last time to leave from San Francisco. Beautiful city but they don't make it easy for cruisers at all. At least those of us that drive to the port. It's just not worth it.  Enjoy your cruise next month!

55 minutes ago, clo said:

So does no one take BART from the airport???

Depending on where you are driving from to drive past the port to the airport adds another 35-40 min depending of traffic to the drive. 

Parking at the airport is an option for sure but if I’m taking BART anyway I’d just rent a car and drop it off at the Hyatt. That puts you at the same BART spot. 

1 minute ago, CreamsicleCatMom said:

Depending on where you are driving from to drive past the port to the airport adds another 35-40 min depending of traffic to the drive. 

Parking at the airport is an option for sure but if I’m taking BART anyway I’d just rent a car and drop it off at the Hyatt. That puts you at the same BART spot. 

My apologies. I made the foolish assumption that people were flying into SFO and then going to the cruise port. Oops.

• Like 1

Just to let everyone know who had already made reservations with ABM before the ownership change-I did hear back from Metropolis last night via email and he stated they will be honoring those reservations. He instructed me to send them a reminder email a few days before arrival. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/14/2024 at 12:57 PM, eos790 said:

Just to let everyone know who had already made reservations with ABM before the ownership change-I did hear back from Metropolis last night via email and he stated they will be honoring those reservations. He instructed me to send them a reminder email a few days before arrival. 

Who did you email the reminder to?  I have a reservation in less than 2 weeks and I’m kinda freaking out!  Happy to ready good stories on this thread though!  Thanks!

We’re on the cruise now. We dropped everyone and bags off at the port.  Then drove around the corner to the lot. When we pulled in the worker looked us up on some list and told us to park on 5th floor like we have previously done last year. You should be fine if you booked before owner change.

It’s been a great cruise. We have had perfect weather! I hope you’ll get the same. 

6 hours ago, SeptMomE329 said:

Who did you email the reminder to?  I have a reservation in less than 2 weeks and I’m kinda freaking out!  Happy to ready good stories on this thread though!  Thanks!

anguyen@metropolis.io is the email I have been communicating with.
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Breadnam said:

We’re on the cruise now. We dropped everyone and bags off at the port.  Then drove around the corner to the lot. When we pulled in the worker looked us up on some list and told us to park on 5th floor like we have previously done last year. You should be fine if you booked before owner change.

It’s been a great cruise. We have had perfect weather! I hope you’ll get the same. 

Thanks so much for this info!  Have a great time!!    

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Ed Hibbard said:

Breadnam: was your vehicle ok when you arrived back?

We are sailing out of there in April and are concerned about vandalism .

Thanks.

Vehicle was fine. This is the 2nd time we’ve parked there. You drive through about 5-6 levels of parking and cruise parking is rooftop.  It definitely doesn’t seem like a secure building, you use an elevator to get to the top, but we’ve never had a problem or herd of anyone with issues. 

• 4 weeks later...

Parked there many times in the past. Going on cruise October 15 and old web site for ABM was gone.  Found email address for new owners and sent an email and got a response back saying to just show up and that they have enough space to provide everyone a spot that wants one.  Not too reassuring given the past history of a prepaid guaranteed reservation.  They did say to set up an account and use the code Cruise80 for a discounted rate. Of course the rates have gone up now that there is a new owner. I'm wondering what sort of congestion will occur with everyone having to complete sign in at the garage.  Driving to that port is already an unwelcome nightmare.