Celebrity Silhouette cabin 6222 okay?

My parents booked a guaranteed balcony cabin and I just saw that they got assigned cabin 6222 on Silhouette. This is directly above a lounge and a cafe. And it's also right next to the elevator with a connecting stateroom. But on a positive note, they didn't get the partial view cabin (although I don't think they are that bad because you can still look out on the beautiful ocean!)

Has anyone ever been in this cabin or near this cabin? What are your personal experiences? If there is a lot of noise, can I ask my cruise agency or Celebrity to request a new cabin? And if you would do that, would you know in advance what other cabin is available? Because maybe the new one would be on a worse location.

Thank you 🙂 And yes, this will be my final question for tonight lol

Posted (edited)

It is a very desirable location on the hump adjacent to the elevators.  As the deck extends out at that location I would doubt any noise interference from the deck below.

But with GTY assignments if you want to move your location just contact whomever you booked through and have them check available inventory.  If there are other staterooms available in the sub-category as assigned, they will advise the available locations and they can move you to a different location if you want at n/c.

Personally I would probably keep that location unless a similar one on a higher deck was available. But that would primarily be for elevator convenience to both higher and lower decks versus noise concerns. The fact that it is connecting is not really an issue either as the connecting doors are in a vestibule outside the staterooms.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

It is a very desirable location on the hump adjacent to the elevators.  As the deck extends out at that location I would doubt any noise interference from the deck below.

But with GTY assignments if you want to move your location just contact whomever you booked through and have them check available inventory.  If there are other staterooms available in the sub-category as assigned, they will advise the available locations and they can move you to a different location if you want at n/c.

Personally I would probably keep that location unless a similar one on a higher deck was available. But that would primarily be for elevator convenience to both higher and lower decks versus noise concerns. The fact that it is connecting is not really an issue either as the connecting doors are in a vestibule outside the staterooms.

Thank you so much for your informative response! Good to know that they don't really have to worry about noise concerns! I'll be glad to pass it along to my parents 🙂 And I'll discuss with them what they want.