Is the Whiskey bar still on Getaway? (inside)

KKB

They show it as "Sunset" bar on the deck plan now & on the list of descriptions.

I don't really care if they changed the name--does it still have the whiskey menu?

Thx!

Posted (edited)

Maltings changed to Sunset? It's always one of our favorite drinking places on Getaway.

We have a Getaway coming up in September but the app won't allow me to see the bars right now.

Edited by DrUrsula

I just looked at the Dailies for a 10/1/23 on Getaway- we were on it and drank at Maltings every evening. But "Maltings" is not on the list of bars for that sailing.

I guess  they just call it all "Sunset Bar".

but the Macallans was there!! It may even have had a "Maltings sign .

7 hours ago, KKB said:

They show it as "Sunset" bar on the deck plan now & on the list of descriptions.

I don't really care if they changed the name--does it still have the whiskey menu?

Thx!

• Thanks 1

I went back in time to the Getaway's inaugural voyage after serving as the Bud Lite hotel for the Super Bowl and being christened in Miami. The Getaway has always been an odd Bird that did not want to conform to NCL branding (like the Tropicana Room and the now replaced Flamingo Grill). 

image.png.79062a6e73a4bb4c7837cd31724f5173.png

Was just on the Getaway in April.  Sunset is the bar with the better selection of whiskey.

Selection isn't super vast, but they did have a handful of different brands.  "Best" bottle (IMO) was EH Taylor small batch. 

• Like 1