Excursion prices for Elites

Alaska05

It’s been awhile since I’ve booked shore excursions and that was before we were Elite.  I’m considering a few for an upcoming cruise.

My questions about prices for Elites:

Do all qualify for 10% discount? Is that taken off when I book? Or is it refunded as OBC once I’m on the ship?

I understand payment is at time of booking.  Can I use OBC to pay beforehand?  Can I use goodwill cruise credits?

If I need to cancel is it refunded back to the original form of payment, i.e. credit card, OBC, cruise credits?

Thanks in advance

If booking in advance, you will pay full price.  Once on board, you will see a credit back for the value of the 10%, but I believe it is non refundable OBC.

You can use OBC to book in advance.  For us, goodwill credits were listed and used exactly like all other OBC so we were able to use it in advance to book excurisons.

If you cancel an excursion, the refund will come first to OBC.  For example, say you had $100.00 OBC each and you booked two shore excursions, both costing $100 each.  You would have used up your OBC booking the first and would have paid by credit card to book the second.  Then later you decide to cancel one of the excursions.  IT does not matter which one, as soon as you cancel the first one, your OBC will be returned to your account (no credit back to your credit card).  If you then also decide to cancel the remaining one, that would then trigger a refund to your credit card.

15 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

If booking in advance, you will pay full price.  Once on board, you will see a credit back for the value of the 10%, but I believe it is non refundable OBC.

You can use OBC to book in advance.  For us, goodwill credits were listed and used exactly like all other OBC so we were able to use it in advance to book excurisons.

If you cancel an excursion, the refund will come first to OBC.  For example, say you had $100.00 OBC each and you booked two shore excursions, both costing $100 each.  You would have used up your OBC booking the first and would have paid by credit card to book the second.  Then later you decide to cancel one of the excursions.  IT does not matter which one, as soon as you cancel the first one, your OBC will be returned to your account (no credit back to your credit card).  If you then also decide to cancel the remaining one, that would then trigger a refund to your credit card.

Thank you for your very detailed explanation. I think I got it now 

Posted (edited)

I might note that on our recent Alaska B3B, the 10% shore excursion refund that was posted to our account at the beginning of each of the 3 legs was always refundable OBC. However, we did book quite a few excursions and had to use the credit card to pay for some of them after we used up our pre-cruise FCD, military and shareholder OBC associated with each leg. Now, maybe if you only use nonrefundable OBC to pay for your excursions, then the OBC might be nonrefundable. In any event, you can easily check your Folio on your App once you board the ship to see if it's refundable or not.

The only time we did not get the 10% discount was on our 5-hour airport transfer excursion at the end of the cruise. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

Once the excursions have been paid, is the Elite 10% discount automatically refunded to your onboard account? 

Or do we need to go to the GS or Shore Excursion desk to request it?

Isn't it just the silliest to thing that the 10% isn't just removed and discounted when the excursion reservations are originally made?!!!?

SMH!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Robkat said:

Once the excursions have been paid, is the Elite 10% discount automatically refunded to your onboard account? 

Or do we need to go to the GS or Shore Excursion desk to request it?

Isn't it just the silliest to thing that the 10% isn't just removed and discounted when the excursion reservations are originally made?!!!?

SMH!

All of the excursions that were pre-booked prior to the cruise, and the associated funds used to pay for them along with the 10% discount OBC, will all be posted to your account at the beginning of the cruise. Of course, if you decide to cancel one of those excursions later on after the ship has sailed, the associated 10% OBC will also disappear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

As Elite member, if I booked excursions during those 20% off sale, after I get on the ship, will I still get 10% OBC credited to my account for those “sale” excursions?  

Yes

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/11/2024 at 10:25 AM, Mud_Shark said:

For us, the 10% OBC for excursion booking has been always refundable.

On 6/11/2024 at 1:40 PM, Robkat said:

SMH!

The excursion prices fluctuate. This way makes it easier for us to check back the amounts that correct OBC was credited. We prefer it this way especially if later one cancels and re-book an excursion

Edited by sultan_sfo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1