Southampton UK Embarkation - which terminal?

Pine Man

I'm sailing out of Southampton on Sky Princess on 15th June. I have got all the documentation and my boarding pass but none of these documents has the detail of which terminal I should go to.

Am I missing something?

2 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

I'm sailing out of Southampton on Sky Princess on 15th June. I have got all the documentation and my boarding pass but none of these documents has the detail of which terminal I should go to.

Am I missing something?

It is often listed on your travel summary or on the Personaliser first page. However it is the QEII terminal. Refer link below:

https://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Cruise_Ship_Schedule/

• Like 1

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I expected to find the information on the Princess documentation but I have checked everywhere without joy. All other cruise lines have notified me several days before of the actual berth to embark from.

So QEII it is then - thank you very much.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

Thanks for getting back so quickly.

I expected to find the information on the Princess documentation but I have checked everywhere without joy. All other cruise lines have notified me several days before of the actual berth to embark from.

So QEII it is then - thank you very much.

We are on Sky from 13 July and just checked my booking, and you are right, the port details are not there. In fact there is a link to the same site I copied in above. Our past cruises from Southampton we have caught a taxi from our hotel and I just mention the ship and they know what terminal. I think 90% of their jobs are from hotels to one of the 4 cruise ports.

Hope you enjoy your cruise. 

23 minutes ago, Pine Man said:

Many thanks. First time on Princess and looking forward to it!

This information is valid from: 12/06/2024 11:42:02.           Gate 4. for the berths .
Ship Name Arrival Time Departure Time Berth Agent
ANTHEM OF THE SEAS 14-Jun-24 05:30 14-Jun-24 17:00 101 INTERCRUISES
BRITANNIA 14-Jun-24 05:45 14-Jun-24 17:30 46 CARNIVAL UK
CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 14-Jun-24 06:30 14-Jun-24 16:00 106 CARNIVAL UK
MSC VIRTUOSA 15-Jun-24 05:30 15-Jun-24 18:00 102 DENHOLM PORT SERVICES LTD
VENTURA 15-Jun-24 05:30 15-Jun-24 17:00 106 CARNIVAL UK
CELEBRITY APEX 15-Jun-24 06:00 15-Jun-24 16:30 101 INTERCRUISES
IONA 15-Jun-24 06:00 15-Jun-24 TBA 46 CARNIVAL UK
SKY PRINCESS 15-Jun-24 06:15 15-Jun-24 16:00 38/9 CARNIVAL UK
BOREALIS 19-Jun-24 TBA 19-Jun-24 TBA 101 DENHOLM PORT SERVICES LTD
  • Like 1

Our Regal Princess at QE2 terminal started boarding early

We were on 10:58 with priority(arrived by taxi 10:33)

They had started before that as they were calling group 7/8 from the waiting area.

Our next one we will be a bit earlier want to get through check-in before the London transfers start arriving.

Now that you know which terminal, please return to tell us all how embarkation worked.  I’m actually interested in Mayflower, but all terminals should be similar. 

7 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Now that you know which terminal, please return to tell us all how embarkation worked.  I’m actually interested in Mayflower, but all terminals should be similar. 

I embarked at mayflower last month..very smooth. Short queue to check in, very short sit down before being allowed to board.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

I embarked at mayflower last month..very smooth. Short queue to check in, very short sit down before being allowed to board.

Do you know what time they

Opened bag drop

Started checkin

Started boarding

• Like 1

Waking up in our lovely hotel in Portsmouth this morning and looking forward to joining you on our cruise on the Sky this Saturday. We also departed from the QE II terminal last year and took an Uber over in the morning arriving around 11 am. They were already allowing people to board at that point so we are sticking to the same plan this year. It was all quite easy and we already have our medallions so hoping for a smooth onboarding process. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, insidecabin said:

Do you know what time they

Opened bag drop

Started checkin

Started boarding

I don't know because we didn't get to Southampton till around midday, but we debarked around 10am and people were definitely already arriving at the terminal. We weren't last off, but not far off last so if I had to guess, I'd say embarkation would be good to go by 11.

1 hour ago, Scirocco Breeze said:

I don't know because we didn't get to Southampton till around midday, but we debarked around 10am and people were definitely already arriving at the terminal. We weren't last off, but not far off last so if I had to guess, I'd say embarkation would be good to go by 11.

Thanks, trying to get a feel for how early without too much hanging around

We disembarked last one (Ocean) 10:06 there were 13 left.

We arrived(QE2) 10:33

Quick to process, security waiting area was busy calling by group.

Priority, no wait on at 10:58.

If ship is on time/early we will try a bit earlier at Mayflower tomorrow.