Should I put in a bid on Reflection?

I would start out and price out the difference in prices between a Penthouse and a Royal Suite.   After you understand the pricing then look at the Minimum and Maximum bid prices.   If it is within you budget I wouldn't hesitate.    I would caution that they rarely are awarded below 25% of starting bid.

Check out the two Suites on the left side of this link on CruiseDeck Plans and

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/Celebrity-Reflection

PS is about 2X the size of a RS

A nice possibility is the Signature Suites on a private hallway and the Reflection Suite which is about 50% larger than the Penthouse

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I would caution that they rarely are awarded below 25% of starting bid

Jim, I don’t understand what you are saying. Can you explain a little? Thank you.

Carolyn

Posted (edited)

What I mean is when you go into the bidding window there is a slider bar on amount of bid -

When you first move it slightly to right it will show the minimum bid (for each type of room) if you move it all the way to the right it will show you the Maximum Bit.    The bid amount is per person.

So for example you will probably see something like Minimum  $500 pp person and Maximum $4,000 per person.    There's an indicator with with marks on it for 0, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and Max.   As you move the line it will show the likelihood of being the awarded the upgrade.   If I recall it is color coded.   

So in my example a bid below say a bid of below $1,000 per person will probably not be successful.

Example below

https://emmacruises.com/celebrity-cruises-move-up Good Article that explains better than me.

Screenshot-2019-04-13-at-16_06_17.png.thumb.webp.6efa5de454d6fd172fd4c9c8476beddd.webp

Edited by Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, Abaco390 said:

Sailing on the Reflection, should I upgrade from Royal Suite to Penthouse with bid offer? Not sure of the difference for the price

Generally, the difference in pricing between a Royal Suite and Penthouse suite runs about $3,500/person.

Remember, there is just 1 Penthouse Suite on Reflection, so, depending on how serious you are about getting the Penthouse, if you are going to make a Move Up bid, give it your best shot and don’t look for a low ball offer to be successful. That is not to say that low balls are not successful, it’s just, with 1 stateroom on the block, your chances at being successful on a low offer are lessened.

Randy

21 hours ago, Abaco390 said:

Sailing on the Reflection, should I upgrade from Royal Suite to Penthouse with bid offer? Not sure of the difference for the price

Is the PH available on your sailing? If not it would be difficult to know the pricing. Celebrity often allows move up bids on cabins that do not exist just in case the occupants drop out at the last minute.

On 6/12/2024 at 5:42 PM, Schmoe38 said:

Generally, the difference in pricing between a Royal Suite and Penthouse suite runs about $3,500/person.

Remember, there is just 1 Penthouse Suite on Reflection, so, depending on how serious you are about getting the Penthouse, if you are going to make a Move Up bid, give it your best shot and don’t look for a low ball offer to be successful. That is not to say that low balls are not successful, it’s just, with 1 stateroom on the block, your chances at being successful on a low offer are lessened.

Randy

Yeah, says the guy who snagged my PH! 😉  Right.  No, that was that other lady, wasn't it?

Just wanted to check in, say hello since it's been a while, and confirm that the experience you describe above is ours as well, as is the approximate amount of difference.  On a decently subscribed cruise, the upper suites can disappear fast, and move up bids are often solicited to backfill for cabins that aren't currently available but become available only due to cancellations.

12 hours ago, Abaco390 said:

Interesting! It is listed on my sailing on my cruise page as a move up option. I didn’t receive an email on it though.

Is the cabin available for purchase? They list move up options for cabins that are already sold, just in case those in the cabin need to cancel. 

About a year ago I had the PH booked on the Reflection. On the roll call there was a discussion on what to bid on the PH for the sailing I was on. Since there is only one PH on the Reflection, and I had it booked for well over a year prior, I call the shoreside Retreat to make sure there was not a problem with my booking. They explained that they list cabins that are not available in case of cancellations. I went on the sailing and a few asked me what my winning bid was???