Back-to-back OBC on-line form difficulties

cruisermsoon

Azamara's back-to-back OBC offer seems easy enough, until one starts to navigate the on-line email form. In July we have booked three back-to-back cruises on Pursuit, and have found that the on-line form only allows for one passenger name, one sailing date, and most frustrating of all, only one booking number on the form.

Six weeks ago I tried to get over this by filling in six on-line forms, one for each booking number per passenger, but our bookings show no OBC as yet, so I have re-sent the six emails, but this time filling them in and holding back until I could send them quickly one after the other, so that hopefully they will arrive in a bloc, rather than possibly scattered.

Is there some sort of "secret" to applying for this deal, and have others also found this to be a problem? 

$1100 OBC is at stake, however I'm not confident that we will actually receive any of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisermsoon said:

Azamara's back-to-back OBC offer seems easy enough, until one starts to navigate the on-line email form. In July we have booked three back-to-back cruises on Pursuit, and have found that the on-line form only allows for one passenger name, one sailing date, and most frustrating of all, only one booking number on the form.

Six weeks ago I tried to get over this by filling in six on-line forms, one for each booking number per passenger, but our bookings show no OBC as yet, so I have re-sent the six emails, but this time filling them in and holding back until I could send them quickly one after the other, so that hopefully they will arrive in a bloc, rather than possibly scattered.

Is there some sort of "secret" to applying for this deal, and have others also found this to be a problem? 

$1100 OBC is at stake, however I'm not confident that we will actually receive any of it.

You’ll need to call Azamara if you’re booked directly. Your TA will need to call if you used one. 

I hear you friend, we do most of our Aza cruises B2B. You filled out the forms, which should be fine. Next CALL Azamara! Speak to them directly, get the name of their agent. If you booked through a travel agent, call them too. We have always gotten what we were promised, usually does show up on your invoice 3 hours prior to sailing. What is important is that the Azamara agent adds those credits into their computer. It doesn't matter if those numbers don't show up on yours. You will be fine, but as Laurie and I have said, CALL them, speak to them directly. Have a great trip, and I think Laurie and I each deserve a shout out poolside with a drink that has an umbrella in it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dr H said:

I hear you friend, we do most of our Aza cruises B2B. You filled out the forms, which should be fine. Next CALL Azamara! Speak to them directly, get the name of their agent. If you booked through a travel agent, call them too. We have always gotten what we were promised, usually does show up on your invoice 3 hours prior to sailing. What is important is that the Azamara agent adds those credits into their computer. It doesn't matter if those numbers don't show up on yours. You will be fine, but as Laurie and I have said, CALL them, speak to them directly. Have a great trip, and I think Laurie and I each deserve a shout out poolside with a drink that has an umbrella in it.

Azamara has changed the way they do b2b’s, now booking two or more under the same booking number. Supposed to simplify things; does make it easier on the guests as there’s no longer a need to check out and check back in, no need to file a credit card more than once and any unused OBC is automatically moved to the next cruise. Because of the changes the online forms no longer work regardless of how the cruises were originally booked. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, laurieb said:

Azamara has changed the way they do b2b’s, now booking two or more under the same booking number. Supposed to simplify things; does make it easier on the guests as there’s no longer a need to check out and check back in, no need to file a credit card more than once and any unused OBC is automatically moved to the next cruise. Because of the changes the online forms no longer work regardless of how the cruises were originally booked. 

Yep, forgot about that. Also with the B2B, unused credit on the first leg will roll over to the second cruise.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, cruisermsoon said:

Thanks for the advice. I still think they should they should clearly post the OBC in your account to save any worries.

I'm doing b2b on Pursuit and the OBC clearly shows the amount for each cruise (as well as other OBC).  I take it you're in Gold Coast Australia?  Ring the Sydney office, very quick to respond there.

Edited by Westaussie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I concur with the method of making a direct phone call. A few weeks ago I filled out the online form for  OBC. Then I decided to make the call instead. It took about 20 minutes but the Azamara agent was excellent, dealt with their “back office” while I waited on the call, and then our three B2B2B cruises were linked. The credits showed on our account immediately and I have already successfully pre-spent the $1200 ($400 per segment) on booking excursions, 

BTW, I did get a response to my email on the form about a week later but it was quite generic and it was clear that it would have taken a lot more emailing to have this done. 

Yes! Making the call was far more effective and time efficient. 

• Like 4