Husband and Wife travelling - cabins available with no single supplement - benefit to booking 2 cabins?

41 minutes ago, complawyer said:

hey, a rose is a rose, no matter how you interpret their intent, they are still trying to game the system.

Please elaborate on this "game the system". Aren't they simply using the system as presented?

If your son-in-law and you drink, and your wives don't, is it "gaming the system" to put the mom in a room with the daughter and the son-in-law in your room to avoid paying grats on 4 drink packages when only 2 will be used?

More details needed as to your definition of "game the system".

• Like 6

5 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

Husband and Wife travelling - there are cabins available with no single supplement - is there a benefit to booking 2 cabins?  Seems crazy, but would this mean you'd get 4 meals for 2 rather than just 2.  And each traveller would get excursion credits.  And daily service fee would be the same total for 1 in each cabin as 2 in one cabin.

Thoughts?

I would do some mock bookings to make sure your pricing assumptions are correct. A Solo cabin is not always 1/2 the cost of a double occupancy. Yeah,,, it is no single supplement, but the base pricing of solos are often higher. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, DorothyB said:

Solo guests cannot claim two dinners.

If we're talking about Latitudes perks, they can.  They just share each one with somebody who is not themselves.

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

The wife telling me she doesn't want to line up checking in separately and she has enough latitude and fos meals already yada yada 😄

Why would you have to line up separately?

Edited by ChiefMateJRK

2 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

The wife telling me she doesn't want to line up checking in separately and she has enough latitude and fos meals already yada yada 😄

You can still go up to the check in line together.

6 hours ago, podgeandrodge said:

Thanks all!  (Yes, was talking about platinum/sapphire etc. vouchers).  Whether we actually book 2 cabins for the extra meals, and then have a sort of "hello cabin attendant, we're messing around like this", is another question.  And checking in twice etc.  Seems a bit more hassle than worth it...but....

You can pretend you're having an affair, hahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I would do this in a heartbeat.  In fact we’ve done it.  If the cost is the same for one cabin or two, this is a no brainer to me.  The two bathrooms alone is worth it.  And it’s not “gaming the system”.  It’s working with the system.  If you’re both Platinum, you each get two sets of meal vouchers for two and you each get a bag of laundry.  You’re doubling these benefits by booking two rooms instead of one.  And as someone mentioned you’d each get the Shareholder OBC.  

All that being said, finding any sailing with no solo supplement is very difficult these days.  But if it is offered on a sailing we’re interested in, we would not hesitate to book two cabins.  With absolutely no guilt!

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

If you’re both Platinum, you each get two sets of meal vouchers for two and you each get a bag of laundry.  You’re doubling these benefits by booking two rooms instead of one.  

You're not doubling the laundry benefit.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

My Sis and I travel together and sharing a cabin works - with some planning [and usually a balcony]. Last year we did the BTB from Boston to Quebec and were able to book two inside singles for the price of sharing one. It let us do the 14 day BTB for a good deal. As mentioned, each of us had a bathroom, didn't have worry about being quiet if up early or late, and had the full bed rather than the split to a twin.

For our deal we did have to take guaranty cabins, so we were on different decks on the first leg but moved to just a couple of doors apart on the return. The phone and an occasional post-it note allowed us to coordinate.

Edited by goin-away
typo
  • Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 4:58 PM, victory2020 said:

You can pretend you're having an affair, hahaha

This is starting to sound like an episode of "The Love Boat"!! 😅

• Haha 1