Celebrity Food Quality

I know everyone has their own opinion, but I have to say that on the Beyond in Alaska, everything was delicious and great quality in the four main dining rooms.  When I ordered coffee with desert I learned I have to order regular drip filter coffee otherwise I was getting Americano which is just brown water to me.  On the last night I sent my dish of Pork Scaloppini back which shocked my DH who commented it must have been bad because I have never sent food back.  It was very tough and dried out.  Thiner cuts like that are very hard to hold in mass cooking from my experience in mass cooking.

They replaced it with the pork chop which was much better.  On this cruise anything with a bone in it was cooked to perfection.  Grab the bone, give it a good flick of the wrist, and the meat slid right off the bone.

I hope we have just as good food quality on the Beyond next summer in Luminae.

Scott:  Am I having an "over 60 moment" or what -- weren't you on the Edge in Alaska?  But no matter what -- it is great that you were satisfied with the food quality and thanks for the tip regarding ordering meat on the bone.

I was just on a Silversea 10 day cruise in Alaska and Celebrities MDR Prime Rib was Better than Silversea's.

The first one I ordered was luke warm so they brought me a second one that was even Cooler so I gave up and ate it and was surprised that the ones I get on Celebrity were always better (And warmer).....

9 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

I know everyone has their own opinion, but I have to say that on the Beyond in Alaska, everything was delicious and great quality in the four main dining rooms.  When I ordered coffee with desert I learned I have to order regular drip filter coffee otherwise I was getting Americano which is just brown water to me.  On the last night I sent my dish of Pork Scaloppini back which shocked my DH who commented it must have been bad because I have never sent food back.  It was very tough and dried out.  Thiner cuts like that are very hard to hold in mass cooking from my experience in mass cooking.

They replaced it with the pork chop which was much better.  On this cruise anything with a bone in it was cooked to perfection.  Grab the bone, give it a good flick of the wrist, and the meat slid right off the bone.

The Beyond is in the Caribbean this summer.  Great you liked most of the food.  We think E class MDRs have generally good dining (also OVC) but lots of different opinions.

15 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I have enjoyed a number of Prime Rib on Celebrity in the MDR, Blu, and Luminae. My PR in Luminae is twice as thick as what they serve in the MDR. 

We've learned to ask for a thick cut in the MDR and it is perfect!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

The Biblical admonition "Ask and you Shall receive" seems to be the rule on the Celebrity ships I have been on.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, kabmab said:

The Beyond is in the Caribbean this summer.  Great you liked most of the food.  We think E class MDRs have generally good dining (also OVC) but lots of different opinions.

Correct -- Edge.

23 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Scott:  Am I having an "over 60 moment" or what -- weren't you on the Edge in Alaska?  But no matter what -- it is great that you were satisfied with the food quality and thanks for the tip regarding ordering meat on the bone.

I was having a near 60 moment, yes Edge.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, LuvCruzn4Evr said:

That is my order as well. My DW orders Medium Rare and I order Thick……and Medium Rare.

Worked better on Celebrity than it did on Princess recently. 🤓

On 6/13/2024 at 7:17 PM, ScottC4746 said:

We did two cruises post Covid on E class including the beyond, thought Luminae was mediocre on both cruises, I prefer service and food on M class. Steaks in particular have went downhill in Luminae post covid.