Beds too soft

kimmy624

My side of our bed was saggy on Sapphire this spring.  Tried to tough it out but it was a 32-day cruise!  Asked our amazing steward, Antonio, if they had the egg crates like they used to have.  Unfortunately, they went away post Covid but he put something on the “foundation” and the bed was better.  Not the normal comfortable Princess bed, but so much better!

On 6/15/2024 at 7:46 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have seen reported here on CC that the steward can insert a hard panel underneath the mattress...but that was rather dated info.  I have no first-hand experience.

40 days on the Majestic. I just started adding my wife's room service trays under my side of the mattress. That made it a bit more firm. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Definitely ask your steward.  I had the same issue on an Alaska VoG northbound, and it took maybe half an hour for them to provide a board to firm it up.

The room steward will try to make you happy but at the end of the day if the mattress is warn out and they don't carry a replacement you're out of luck.We have had boards, towels used to try and fix it.

Have you tried asking if they have another cabin you can transfer to?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I thought Princess beds were mooted as the best beds at sea but ours wasn't on Sky Princess earlier this year. It was too soft and saggy for us and had indentations were people had slept. We asked the cabin steward if anything could be done but he said there were no spare mattresses on board although he might have just been saying that as he wasn't particularly helpful.

Edited by Boku

The beds are good until they are not.  They probably should be replaced sooner then they are.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1