arvia deck 5 cabin layout

Hi fellow cruise's. 

When we were on the arvia last we were on deck 5 in balcony cabin (shaded type), the cabin we had was laid out with the bed near the wardrobes with the settee next to balcony and we noticed some cabins near us had the bed next to the balcony and the settee next to wardrobes, is there any way of knowing which cabins are laid with the the bed next to balcony as it seems a much better option? 

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, me and the mrs said:

Hi fellow cruise's. 

When we were on the arvia last we were on deck 5 in balcony cabin (shaded type), the cabin we had was laid out with the bed near the wardrobes with the settee next to balcony and we noticed some cabins near us had the bed next to the balcony and the settee next to wardrobes, is there any way of knowing which cabins are laid with the the bed next to balcony as it seems a much better option? 

HI we found on Arvia and Iona if you are standing in the corridor looking at the adjoining doors and your door is to the left the bed is next to the wardrobes, if door to the right then the bed is next to the balcony

Edited by solentsam

1 hour ago, me and the mrs said:

Hi fellow cruise's. 

I think solentsam is spot on. Our recent cabin on Iona had the bed next to the balcony but we actually prefer the sofa next to the balcony. The cabins are quite narrow and the bed was very close to the balcony doors so I’ve tried to ensure that our next cruise on Iona has the bed by the wardrobe. I know from last year on Iona that there’s not a lot of room to open the wardrobe doors when the bed is next to the wardrobe, but I still prefer that layout. 

Have a look at the deck plans and the notch showing the cabin door. 

This is Iona, but it might be similar on Arvia! 

My husband and I were in 9230 - open the door, then bathroom door on immediate right. Row of wardrobes facing the window with back to bathroom.  Then sofa and then the bed by the window.

My daughter and partner were in 9232 - open the door, then bathroom door on the immediate left. Row of wardrobes facing the window with back to bathroom. Then the bed and then the sofa by the window. 

IMG_0222.thumb.png.f7def8a7cfe06a35c66aa8191088aa4d.png