Hiking Juneau, Ketchikan, Skagway

cruisetonowhere10

4 minutes ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Is it easy to navigate to from the dock?

Very here’s a screenshot. The 4 is where you’ll find the start to most of the hikes and the dot on the left is for Yukutania point. The later is a much easier hike. I was chatting with the trail developer of it when I was struggling to breathe and he said it didn’t have the same terrain challenges which I found too hard to tackle that day.

IMG_7686.png

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SoloAlaska said:

Very here’s a screenshot. The 4 is where you’ll find the start to most of the hikes and the dot on the left is for Yukutania point. The later is a much easier hike. I was chatting with the trail developer of it when I was struggling to breathe and he said it didn’t have the same terrain challenges which I found too hard to tackle that day.

IMG_7686.png

This is awesome 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoloAlaska said:

IMG_7686.png

Thank you for sharing.

It is easy to get to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

This is awesome 

Also, when you get to Skagway, go to the visitors center and you can get a trail map that shows all the trails.  It gives directions on how to get there if you don't want to use your maps app. I wish I still had my map to show you but I gave the map to a crew member.

We also walked to the Gold Rush Cemetary and Reid Falls. That was over 5 miles round trip.  It was a beautiful falls that we enjoyed. That is also on the map.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisetonowhere10 said:

Which is more impressive scenery/view wise?  I’ve done the first before…both mileage measurements are within our wheelhouse.

Definitely Dewey Lake!  You might even get lucky and find an unlocked canoe or kayak there to go out on the lake.  Just a small hint....only because I knew someone who did this....the first body of water you come to is a small reservoir.  Don't turn around there, thinking that is Dewey Lake.  Keep going just a little bit further and you'll get to the lake.  You'll know it because it is a large lake and there is a canoe dock.  

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

Definitely Dewey Lake!  You might even get lucky and find an unlocked canoe or kayak there to go out on the lake.  Just a small hint....only because I knew someone who did this....the first body of water you come to is a small reservoir.  Don't turn around there, thinking that is Dewey Lake.  Keep going just a little bit further and you'll get to the lake.  You'll know it because it is a large lake and there is a canoe dock.  

Great spot for a very refreshing and picturesque swim.

• Like 1