Ice White Ball

furrrball

There is at least one Tony & Maria (Dance) video on YT of dancing in the Queens Room on an Ice White Ball on Queen Elizabeth.

I personally wouldn't wear a white tux and white trousers, but it does show some of the outfits that were actually worn at such an event.

Is an Ice White Ball specific to QE? I saw only four rotating themes for QM2, and I guess I wrongly assumed that those are the only Gala Night themes across all Cunard ships.

58 minutes ago, napria said:

Is an Ice White Ball specific to QE? I saw only four rotating themes for QM2, and I guess I wrongly assumed that those are the only Gala Night themes across all Cunard ships.

It’s specific to QE because she the only ship to that makes the journey through Alaska. The Ice White theme is supposed to replicate the glaciers. I don’t believe that theme is offered on other Cunard ships nor on QE itineraries outside of Alaska. 

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, NE John said:

It’s specific to QE because she the only ship to that makes the journey through Alaska. The Ice White theme is supposed to replicate the glaciers. I don’t believe that theme is offered on other Cunard ships nor on QE itineraries outside of Alaska. 

Apologies for my jumbled first sentence…this software is really quirky to write on, words appear out of nowhere!

2 hours ago, NE John said:

I've never seen the Ice White theme on other ships or other itineraries. Although they call it Ice White, glaciers are actually blue, and on board the dress suggestion is white, blue or silver. 

16 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I've never seen the Ice White theme on other ships or other itineraries. Although they call it Ice White, glaciers are actually blue, and on board the dress suggestion is white, blue or silver. 

Indeed, and this is the dress I wore on our Alaska cruise in 2022. The Husband wore black tie. 

20220712_192904 (1).jpg

• Like 4