newbie question on s&s card

bubbles1209

I know this will sound stupid to you guys who have cruised a great deal, but this is my first cruise, and I wanna make sure I understand completely about the deposits on the s&s card.:confused: Here goes. There are 3 of us going on the cruise. The carnival brochure I have says for cash deposits on the s&s card, there is a minimum $200 deposit for 5-8 day cruises. So I am assuming that is per person which would work out to be 600.00 in deposits for all 3 of us. A little further down in the brochure, it says they will automatically add 10.00 per person, per day, on the s&s card for tipping. So if my math is correct, for 3 people, that is $210.00. Here's where my question comes in. Do I need to deposit $810.00 :eek: on the s&s card to cover both the 200 per person per card and the tips, or.........is the $210.00 for tips, deducted from the 600.00 leaving us a balance to spend?:confused: Thanks for any help you can give me on this one, and once again, i apologize for sounding so silly.:)

You only need to deposit $200 pp. They will take the $10 per/day pp from the $200. This will leave $130 pp. I'm assuming it's a 7 day cruise.

Any money left over at the end of the cruise (yeah, right lol) they will give to you in the form of a check under your door the last night of the cruise. You may cash this check at the purser's desk, if you like.

When you use cash to "fund" your S&S....it become something like a "debit card". When you run out of money, you can't buy anything more with your S&S until you add funds. You can "fund" it for more than the minimum. If you wish to fund it for $270...you may. But the required amount appears to be $200.

iF you don't spend all the money in your account, CCL will give you a check for the difference.

Of course if you have the ability it is probably easier to secure your S&S card with a credit card and pay it off on the first billing cycle when you get home. That way you don't run out of available cash.

So will CCL put an $800 hold on my cc for S&S card? I too am a first timer and just want to make sure I understand.

They place a hold on your CC, just like the gas stations, etc. It is not a charge, just a hold... just to make sure you have enough on your card to cover your charge at the end of the cruise.

Archived