Beverages. Purchased individually

riandei

Our cruise comes with the very basic drink package.

if I am interested in having a premium drink, can I purchase just that 1 drink or must I upgrade.

its a 12 day sailing and I will never consume enough alcohol to pay for the upgrade for the entire cruise.

thanks for your replies.

I usually walk off the ship with a $50 bar tab for a few upgraded martinis and a few single malt scotches (they have 3 or 4 available). The tab is usually covered by OB credit. Also, if you are less than happy with the house wines, the ship has an excellent selection of bottled wines for purchase at very reasonable prices. They are stored very well, and 1 bottle usually lasts DW and me for 2-3 meals. Personally, I can't fathom how anyone can go through that much alcohol in such a relatively short time as to even come close to breaking even on any cruiseline's liquor packages, but c'est la vie.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dr H said:

I usually walk off the ship with a $50 bar tab for a few upgraded martinis and a few single malt scotches (they have 3 or 4 available). The tab is usually covered by OB credit. Also, if you are less than happy with the house wines, the ship has an excellent selection of bottled wines for purchase at very reasonable prices. They are stored very well, and 1 bottle usually lasts DW and me for 2-3 meals. Personally, I can't fathom how anyone can go through that much alcohol in such a relatively short time as to even come close to breaking even on any cruiseline's liquor packages, but c'est la vie.

You overlook the fact that to get a decent sparkling water you have to have the Ultimate Package. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, uktog said:

You overlook the fact that to get a decent sparkling water you have to have the Ultimate Package. 

So fountain soda water is only available for extra cost?😉 For my generation water comes out of a tap. Fizzy water comes out of a cut glass soda syphon served by Clarke Gable wearing a tuxedo. Hey a girl can dream.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Catchum said:

So fountain soda water is only available for extra cost?😉 For my generation water comes out of a tap. Fizzy water comes out of a cut glass soda syphon served by Clarke Gable wearing a tuxedo. Hey a girl can dream.

No soda is available its canned - usually Royal Club or equivalent.  The ship also carbonates water but sadly I have an addiction for San Pellergrino, Perrier and Evian

• Like 1

10 hours ago, uktog said:

No soda is available its canned - usually Royal Club or equivalent.  The ship also carbonates water but sadly I have an addiction for San Pellergrino, Perrier and Evian

I’m with you; I drink enough Evian daily to cover the cost of the upgrade 🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2