Non refundable deposit

I am looking to book a cruise about a year from now.  It says on the cancellation schedule if I cancel tomorrow after booking I lose the deposit? Am I understating this correctly? I never personally booked a Royal sailing, my husband always did it and we never booked this far out.  I am used to NCL, they give you back the deposit back if cancelling ahead of final payment.  I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your advice.

the default is non refundable deposit, you do not get his back if you cancel

for extra money, you can book with a refundable deposit. you will get this back if you cancel

8 hours ago, grouchomarx said:

I am looking to book a cruise about a year from now.  It says on the cancellation schedule if I cancel tomorrow after booking I lose the deposit? Am I understating this correctly? I never personally booked a Royal sailing, my husband always did it and we never booked this far out.  I am used to NCL, they give you back the deposit back if cancelling ahead of final payment.  I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your advice.

That is correct.  If you cancel outright at any time prior to final payment you lose the entire deposit.  You may also change ship and sail date for a $100 per person penalty.

As mentioned you also may have the option of paying more for a refundable deposit where you can cancel at any time up until final payment for a full refund.  The refundable deposit can only be purchased for balconies and below.  Suites, including Junior suites, are exclusively non refundable deposits.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

As mentioned you also may have the option of paying more for a refundable deposit where you can cancel at any time up until final payment for a full refund.  The refundable deposit can only be purchased for balconies and below.

Or, of course, you could use a TA with group rates and pay LESS for a refundable deposit. 😁

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Or, of course, you could use a TA with group rates and pay LESS for a refundable deposit. 😁

There is that option if you know where to look.😉😊

• Like 3