Live - NCL Prima - 06/23-07/04/2024 - Southampton, Belgium, Amsterdam, Norway and Iceland - Is it more beautiful than Alaska?

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to do it! We are doing the reverse of this cruise in 76 days! We’ve reserved an SH along with the thermal spa…I’m just not sure that the Vibe would be worth it in September….we are doing the plus pkg, so (with the extra $50 off) we are doing an NCL excursion in almost every port plus a 2 night deviation on both ends! I’m so excited!

once again, thanks for all the info! Did you see the “Rumors” show at Syd Norman’s? I’m really looking forward to it!  Based on your description, we are going to do the “Behind the Scenes” tour on our 2nd sea day! Thanks for all your recommendations!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Let Me Travel! said:

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to do it! We are doing the reverse of this cruise in 76 days! We’ve reserved an SH along with the thermal spa…I’m just not sure that the Vibe would be worth it in September….we are doing the plus pkg, so (with the extra $50 off) we are doing an NCL excursion in almost every port plus a 2 night deviation on both ends! I’m so excited!

once again, thanks for all the info! Did you see the “Rumors” show at Syd Norman’s? I’m really looking forward to it!  Based on your description, we are going to do the “Behind the Scenes” tour on our 2nd sea day! Thanks for all your recommendations!

Thank you for your kind words!  I agree with you about the decision to pass on the Vibe pass for the expected weather in September. Who needs a Vibe pass when you have one of the biggest balconies on the ship! I hope you enjoy the views and the breakfast and lunches in Cagney's

We unfortunately missed the Rumors show at Syd Norman's.  We did the Latitudes "Behind the Scenes" tour which did not include the bridge tour. We were so appreciative that we were able to see the bridge tour that the captain offered to high Latitude status members. 

We loved Prima and this itinerary so much! Prima has what we thought was the best spa on a ship from what we have experienced so far. Have a wonderful cruise! 😀

• Like 1

Hello

We are taking this cruise Aug 2025 and we are beyond excited. One question, as I dont think it was asked is, how was your cruising from Norway to Iceland? Did she handle the North Atlantic well?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mkripke said:

Hello

We are taking this cruise Aug 2025 and we are beyond excited. One question, as I dont think it was asked is, how was your cruising from Norway to Iceland? Did she handle the North Atlantic well?

On our cruise last summer, she did handle it well.

• Like 2

The June 23 to July 4th sailing was unusually smooth, compared to what it should have been. If you're sensitive or prone to seasickness, you'll probably feel it on the two sea days, but I think it was one of the smoothest sailings I've been on.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just read through this review, thank you for doing this. We do the same cruise in August 2025. It will be our first NCL cruise. Do you think you would have enjoyed this if you were just in a balcony cabin ? Also according to my schedule it says we disembark on Thursday at 12:00 am. Do we actually get off at midnight (Wednesday) or what ? 

IMG_1536.jpeg

Edited by Hopetotravel

15 minutes ago, Hopetotravel said:

Just read through this review, thank you for doing this. We do the same cruise in August 2025. It will be our first NCL cruise. Do you think you would have enjoyed this if you were just in a balcony cabin ? Also according to my schedule it says we disembark on Thursday at 12:00 am. Do we actually get off at midnight (Wednesday) or what ? 

IMG_1536.jpeg

We are on this same cruise, from what I have read we disembark in the morning like we normally would. We will also be on the Prima in January 2025 from NYC to Galveston so will have a chance to get to know the ship a little.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, odie1024 said:

We are on this same cruise, from what I have read we disembark in the morning like we normally would. We will also be on the Prima in January 2025 from NYC to Galveston so will have a chance to get to know the ship a little.

Thank you, I hope that’s the case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hopetotravel said:

We were in an inside cabin and thoroughly enjoyed this cruise.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Mkripke said:

Hello

Like @ontheweb and @Ellis1138 mentioned, I agree that it was smoother sailing than I expected especially from Norway to Iceland. I remember feeling it a little when I woke up in the middle of the night but it just rocked me back to sleep. I would have preferred to feel more motion as I like some gentle rocking of the ship when sleeping.

Have a wonderful cruise!

Edited by Seas2mountains

8 hours ago, Hopetotravel said:

IMG_1536.jpeg

Yes, we would have loved this cruise from a balcony cabin, too. That is the category we initially booked it in but I watched prices drop and changed to one of the last SJ suites that were available when the price came down to a price we were willing to pay.

I think our itinerary initially had an early morning time listed for disembarkation but it was a normal disembarkation schedule. I believe everyone had to be out of their cabins by 8am.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

We were in an inside cabin and thoroughly enjoyed this cruise.

I would have been happy in any cabin - it is a cruise which is better than not cruising!  We loved the Prima, too! This was a wonderful itinerary and I cannot recommend it enough.

8 hours ago, Seas2mountains said:

I would have been happy in any cabin - it is a cruise which is better than not cruising!  We loved the Prima, too! This was a wonderful itinerary and I cannot recommend it enough.

We booked for the itinerary and still loved the cruise even though 2 ports disappeared.

It would not have done us any good to hate it for what we did not get. Plus it was our first cruise since 2018 (did go to Peru including Machu Picchu in 2019 and had a cruise booked in 2020 lost to Covid). And having a lovely anniversary onboard was also wonderful. 😊

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Hopetotravel said:

You don't have to get off at midnight, unless you have an early flight.

Most of the disembarkation took place from 6 am to 9 am. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ellis1138 said:

You don't have to get off at midnight, unless you have an early flight.

Most of the disembarkation took place from 6 am to 9 am. 

Interesting, there were a few on the roll call for our cruise last summer who used the BOGO air from NCL and were given flights the next day. They said there were flights in the morning, but NCL would not budge and let them use them. Obviously, if they could have got off the Prima starting that early, they could have made morning flights.

• Like 2

Thanks for the great thread! Loved your pictures and reviews. We'll be taking this same route in *gasp* 39 days!!

• Like 3