Le Bistro

I was looking over our upcoming reservation and when exploring the dining options I noticed that some of the menus have changed. What stood out most was that the filet at Le Bistro no longer has the $10 upcharge. Is this true? I didn’t care for the foie gras so it will not be missed by me.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Warm-Water Diver said:

Anyone have a link to the new Le Bistro menu? I googled but couldn't find the new/updated menu

If you go to specialty dining under the ship review on NCL, there is a link for sample menus of each restaurant on the ship.  Here is Le Bistro.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/Fleet_Le-Bistro_Dinner-Dessert-Mobile-Menu_052824.pdf

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well.   That's annoying.
I was looking forward to a dinner of scallops and duck - neither of which are on the current menu  😒

25 minutes ago, ChrysFox said:

Well.   That's annoying.
I was looking forward to a dinner of scallops and duck - neither of which are on the current menu  😒

That is annoying. But seriously, you can do better.

Matter of opinion 🙂 
I don't eat much fish, already looking at pork for at least one other meal.  I can cook coq au vin and Moroccan spiced lamb shanks myself. And I can get filet any day in the Dining Room at the residences I live in.
I rarely cook duck for myself - ever since I caught the oven on fire with one  🤣  I leave it to others these days to cook it for me.

Oh, well.  There's always pizza. . .

1 hour ago, ChrysFox said:

Matter of opinion 🙂 
I don't eat much fish, already looking at pork for at least one other meal.  I can cook coq au vin and Moroccan spiced lamb shanks myself. And I can get filet any day in the Dining Room at the residences I live in.
I rarely cook duck for myself - ever since I caught the oven on fire with one  🤣  I leave it to others these days to cook it for me.

Oh, well.  There's always pizza. . .

So you can’t cook pizza? Lol

any time I don’t have to cook and clean up is always a good day. Still many options on the menu for me. However food is very subjective 

Posted (edited)

Before the recent change, the filet came with Foie Gras. Now it does not 😞

In the past they would waive the $10 supplement if you ordered the filet without the foie gras.

Edited by BenDover

5 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Whether you like the new menu or not, NCL changes menus as the seasons change. Nothing is constant so just wait 4 or 6 months and a new menu will appear.

Not in the specialty restaurants. This is the first significant change since the restart in 2021.

In case you're counting, that's over 3-years.

• Haha 1

Just now, Wayward Son said:

Not in the specialty restaurants. This is the first significant change since the restart in 2021.

In case you're counting, that's over 3-years.

Thank you for telling me this. Do you determine what is or isn't significant?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Of course not, because that's too hard. I'll let others explain what "significant" means. I obviously cannot.

I didn't say it was too hard, did you? I have 100 things to do this week. Doing some google search is probably 101. My point is made. If you dont like a menu on NCL, just give it some time and it will change.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, luv2kroooz said:

I didn't say it was too hard, did you? I have 100 things to do this week. Doing some google search is probably 101. My point is made. If you dont like a menu on NCL, just give it some time and it will change.

All good, friend, all good. I only have 90 things to do, so you got me there. On the other hand, I already know the definition of "significant", so there is that. 🙃

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

All good, friend, all good. I only have 90 things to do, so you got me there. On the other hand, I already know the definition of "significant", so there is that. 🙃

Just to close the loop...i never asked for a definition. I asked if you determined what is or isn't a significant change. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I've got about 3 things to do, but I likely will drop the ball more than once.  I would offer to help, but would likely drop the ball on that as well.  Carry on.... (you know the song).

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, BenDover said:

Before the recent change, the filet came with Foie Gras. Now it does not 😞

In the past they would waive the $10 supplement if you ordered the filet without the foie gras.

I'll just go ahead and say it... And yes, I know that people will disagree...

The $10 Foie Gras wasn't made ethically!

Personally, I've never eaten Foie Gras because it's a step too far for me when it comes to animal abuse! To each their own... It's easy to be a critic of other people's choices behind the anonymity of a board like this. Sorry, not sorry!

Edited by TheBeardedCruiser