I need help!

It used to be about a hundred dollars for a taxi from Miami International Airport to West Palm, because I used to do it often, but that was when fuel was much cheaper. It might be much more now.

We used to live in Nashville and drive to West Palm to visit my folks. The drive was about fourteen hours when we had the endurance to drive it straight through. It was nine hundred miles. Add on Miami and it would be sixty more miles and at least another hour. I see why you don't want to drive it if you can avoid it.

We discoverd that it was better to stay overnight and break up the trip, but that adds expenses too and eats up vacation days. Plus, you have to do it both going and coming.

I'm just trying to find the cheapest way to do it and I'm not finding anything that will work...I use to live in Ohio and we drove from there to Port Canaveral the past 2 times and really do not want to do it again...I just can't find a flight in our price range that gets in early enough to make the ship.

Have you checked airfare for flying in on Saturday? I know you'd have to pay for a hotel night, but if you stay by the airport, it can be much cheaper. There are flights to Miami from Nashville for about $187 on Saturday Ap 29.

We were going to drive from south Texas until we discovered that gas prices, an overnight stay during the 22 hour drive and then parking at the port would add up to more than a flight. All these things should be considered when deciding to make the long drive, I'll bet they come out pretty even and it's a lot less time and stress to fly in.

When we went last year in February, we flew into WPB as it was cheaper to fly there. We took the train to Miami from the airport area. It cost us about 10-12 dollars for the taxi to get to the nearest train station. Then it was about an hour and a half to get to Miami and cost just a couple of bucks. It was a little strenous with our luggage, but we managed. We actually got off the train and went to the self running trams and got off near our hotel. Depending on what time you arrive in WPB, you could get a cab when you arrived in Miami on the train. From there, it shouldn't be much for a cab to your hotel or the port. We actually went 1 day prior and stayed at the Holiday Inn which was right accross the street from the port entrance. Hope this helps and have a great time on your trip.

CC'er Andros/Tony

A great way to find out options for questions about getting around from an airport is to go to google and type

ground transportation xxx

where xxx is the three letter code for the airport. For PBI, I found this info. I would call these and ask your question for an exact price.

Palm Beach Transportation

(561) 684-9900

Taxi and limousine service is available at the transportation desk at each end of the terminal building, Level One.

Supershuttle

(800) 258-3826

Exclusive share-ride door-to-door transportation to and from Palm Beach International Airport. 24-hour service. No reservations needed for arriving passengers.

:confused: I am trying to avoid driving from Nashville to Miami for the April 30th sailing on the Explorer. Does anyone know how much it would cost to take a taxi from the West Palm Beach airport to the Port of Miami?

You should look into taking a rental car from West Palm Beach. Probably much cheaper....:o

Bahamasgirl,

I would check into renting a car. We are renting one for 24 hrs from FLL and dropping off in Miami. Total cost $32.

I noticed we are both going on the same cruise. Have you signed up for the 4/30 Explorer Meet and Mingle yet? We are a fun bunch and would love to have you join us.:)

Archived