RC check in and boarding

Hello,  we've been a long time Carnival cruise and have decided to branch out and try other lines.  We have a RC cruise out of Galveston in August.  Just wondering if those that have cruised both lines out of Galveston can give some insight on the differences to expect or offer any tips!

TIA!

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Needs_A_Vacation said:

Hello,  we've been a long time Carnival cruise and have decided to branch out and try other lines.  We have a RC cruise out of Galveston in August.  Just wondering if those that have cruised both lines out of Galveston can give some insight on the differences to expect or offer any tips!

TIA!

I've cruised Carnival, Disney, Princess, and Royal Caribbean out of Galveston. The embarkation/debarkation experiences are generally similar. I think there is a slight difference depending on which terminal your ship uses. I'm about to leave out of the new Royal Caribbean terminal for the first time in July. From what I understand, this is a great terminal to depart from. Very nice and very efficient. Otherwise, The only real difference I noticed in the other terminals is where I had to park and how far I had to walk, or ride a bus. 

I've loved every cruise I've been on and I suspect you'll find things you like about Royal Caribbean better and things you like about Carnival better. It is fun trying new cruise lines, different classes of ships,  and getting exposed to new experiences, however! 

Which ship are you cruising on?

Edited by cruisinfly
Typo

23 minutes ago, Needs_A_Vacation said:

TIA!

There are differences especially if you drink or purchase the drinking packages. 

Carnival allows similar wine to be carried on but you can only carry on cans of non alcoholic drinks. Royal allows 12 cans or bottles up to 17 oz. I tried canned water and carried it on carnival and didnt drink it. I only like bottled flavored carbonated water which royal allows. 

Carnival starts cheers now day 2, used to start when it hit international water. Royal starts their drink package as soon as you board. But does have a limited assortment and 1 texas beer only available in Texas waters. As soon as it hits international water royal puts away the texas stamped liquor and brings out the usual stuff. Carnival just decided forgetaboutit. 

Royal has lots of sales and I wait for black Friday for excursion sales. I got 30% off last hear, 35 % off the year before, 40% off lunches. A few days back a big sale on drink pkg. Or might be a flash sale on pizza day for Italian restaurants.  Carnival few sales. The only excursion sale was if I purchased 14 days of wifi. My last was a journey cruise out of Galveston. 

Royal has more loyalty perks by far than carnival but you need to hit diamond at 80 pts before they get really good like 4 free drinks daily. Money off, solo discount.

A cruise is a cruise and I think carnival does better fast food but for me as a solo higher prices for cruises. Royal does a lot more dynamic pricing. Carnival is pretty much what you see is always rhe price unless it goes up. Much more straight forward. Royal group prices are much better than carnivals, and even 1 person can book a group price. 

To me it mostly pricing biggest difference.  Keep a eye on planner items. Carnival has a fare where you can get pekce drops right up to the end. Royal no fares where after final payment you get price drops. 

But alas no free included guys burgers.