Best way to book second VV cruise...

Hi we are booked our first VV cruise "Across the Med" October 2024 and are excited to go!  We would like to book VV cruise in March 2025 and am not sure if we wait to book this until on ship for MNVV perks.  What is the best way to do this?  We have flight credits to use up before June 2025 and would like the assistance of TA this time.

Thanks Mary 

2 minutes ago, zumbaqueen1 said:

Hi we are booked our first VV cruise "Across the Med" October 2024 and are excited to go!  We would like to book VV cruise in March 2025 and am not sure if we wait to book this until on ship for MNVV perks.  What is the best way to do this?  We have flight credits to use up before June 2025 and would like the assistance of TA this time.

While we can't recommend TAs here, often you can find one that has MNVVs they will sell to you.  Personally, I am not sure I would wait until this October to be on the ship and book for next March with the way VV has been raising their rates.  

• Like 3

I definitely agree on using an MNVV to book your second cruise. If you do decide to wait until October, there's a MNVV desk that can sell you one and advise you in booking a new cruise onboard. Personally, I'd find a TA now and try to get one from them so you could book earlier. As mentioned, we are not allowed to recommend them here, but we all managed to come across a good one sooner or later. Just make sure they are at least a gold level First Mate. That will mean they have at least attained a decent level of Virgin Voyages education. Good luck 🙂

I agree with the other comments.  I wouldn't wait until October to book for March.  The price increase would be more than the value of the MNVV.  I've noticed in the last few months on the home page of the VV website, there's an inconspicuous banner with an agent's name and phone number and it says "sold and serviced by".  It's been the same name and phone number every time.  I don't know if it's legit, but I assume if it's on their home page, it's a direct agent/employee of VV or they've paid a lot of money for the advertisement.  Good luck!

5 hours ago, kaysha2004 said:

I agree with the other comments.  I wouldn't wait until October to book for March.  The price increase would be more than the value of the MNVV.  I've noticed in the last few months on the home page of the VV website, there's an inconspicuous banner with an agent's name and phone number and it says "sold and serviced by".  It's been the same name and phone number every time.  I don't know if it's legit, but I assume if it's on their home page, it's a direct agent/employee of VV or they've paid a lot of money for the advertisement.  Good luck!

You’ve clicked on an advert paid for by that travel agent and that’s why their details show. Clear cookies in the browser to get rid of it and stop them getting commission.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Many VV agents purchase their limit of MNVV each time they sail and resell them to clients.  You are looking for a Gold Tier agent, preferably one who was in the top 10 in 2023.  We aren't allowed to recommend agents here, so not one can share a name.  Sorry about that.  Other sites do allow sharing. Also, if you find an agent who had an on line  conference with their sales person and book within the time limit, you can get a little extra perk beyond the MNVV.

Edited by cantgetin

On 6/22/2024 at 1:20 AM, kaysha2004 said:

I don't know if it's legit, but I assume if it's on their home page, it's a direct agent/employee of VV or they've paid a lot of money for the advertisement. 

It's totally legit and it's a service offered by Virgin Voyages. You're on an affiliate link of the travel agent.

It's called the "Let's Go Book" link that any travel agent can share with their clients. If you clicked a link from a vlog, blog or social page, then you may have come to that link without realizing you clicked an affiliate link. 

Anything booked through that link will automatically be assigned to that travel agent. Many cruise lines are offering travel agents the same service because it's been very successful for VV.  

55 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

Anything booked through that link will automatically be assigned to that travel agent. Many cruise lines are offering travel agents the same service because it's been very successful for VV.  

Walter, 

just so I’m clear…what if say, First Mate 1 has been servicing a VV client for their cruising needs and then Joe client clicks on an affiliate link and doesn’t notice it’s for another Vv First Mate 2…who gets the commission??

5 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

Walter, 

just so I’m clear…what if say, First Mate 1 has been servicing a VV client for their cruising needs and then Joe client clicks on an affiliate link and doesn’t notice it’s for another Vv First Mate 2…who gets the commission??

If you book using a First Mate's link, the booking goes to that First Mate. It's the same with any cruise line that uses affiliate links. 

• Thanks 1