London and Barcelona in November

Hi need some advice on which tote to carry on this trip. Not a problem on Adventure of the Seas transatlantic but will be visiting Christmas markets in both listed cities before debarking on Adventure. My go to tote is too summery for this time of year,  other choices are Coach Red leather or Vera Bradley print.

I am 80 and use a walker which will label me an American tourist but dont want my bag to scream it also. Live in Florida dont want to invest in dull colors LOL!😁

I can't speak to Barcelona, but you could get quite a bit of rain in London in November. (Or you could have gorgeous sunny days - when I was there in November '22, I arrived in the middle of a monsoon-style storm (flooding in the streets, and chilly) and 3 days later was eating lunch in a park in my shirtsleeves.) 

One of the Christmas markets I went to in Barcelona was so insanely crowded. It was an incredible market and I bought some beautiful souvenirs but honestly I would not be carrying an expensive tote with me. I had my cute crossbody bag tucked under my arm and a packable shopping bag for my shopping. 

Just realised I forgot to finish my thought - I wouldn't carry the leather unless it's waterproof/you're not worried about it getting wet and bleeding colour, and the Vera Bradley may also be non-waterproof (the last VB bag that I had was almost 20 years ago, and they may have changed, but at the time, they were just quilted cotton, and not waterproof at all.) You definitely want something with a closed top/something that you can carry close to your body. 

I wouldn't carry a fabric bag at any time of year and especially not to big cities - not because it says 'American' - but because they're so easy to snatch. Fabric straps and pockets can be slashed open in a split second. 

I do love my fabric bags and sew my own all the time but for travel to big European cities, I carry a travel bag with anti-theft features. They're not cute but would rather have a slightly ugly bag and not be concerned with losing my cash or passport..

For shopping at markets, pick up one of the packable shopping totes. I've got a bunch that roll up and snap so they don't take any space.  

Personally, I’d get a Travelon or similar bag with rfid & rip proof straps. We just got back from Honolulu & pickpockets (homeless & young thugs) were everywhere. We weren’t bothered a bit. They saw my Travelon & kept on moving