VV first-ever comedy festival

JanThe1st

I really like this idea for the 14th Sept - 19th Sept cruise but feel that the announcement should have been earlier.

Is anyone going on this cruise and have any thoughts regarding this entertainment offering?

Here is the email/announcement from VV on 21st June saying:

This is more than just a cruise, it’s our first-ever comedy festival, meaning you’ll be smiling at more than just the sunset. On this 5-night journey through Amsterdam and Bruges, you’ll spend your days exploring the Low Countries, from stunning architecture, to historical sites, to delectable local eats. At night, you’ll be laughing your aft off to some of the UK’s hottest comedy stars, like Russell Howard, Simon Brodkin, and Ria Lina alongside our usual lineup of award-winning dining, entertainment, and accommodations. Laughter + Luxury = one incredible voyage.”

• Like 1

Yes, we are going on it and I think it’s fantastic that this has now happened! Looking forward to it, as a very good headline act (Russell Howard.) All feels like a great bonus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jon81uk said:

Also although not as well known as Russell Howard who is definitely the headliner, we saw Andre Vincent on Scarlet Lady in April this year and he was very good.

https://www.virginvoyages.com/ahoy/stories/portsmouth-uk-comedy-cruise-festival

That is good to hear. Do VV usually have a stand-up comedian on each sailing?

1 hour ago, JanThe1st said:

Yes and no. On Scarlet Lady the dinner show is now a comedy club so they usually have 2-3 comedians and maybe a magician. On Valiant & Resilient they might have a comedian or a magician or some other caberet act as the Festival Stage act.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 12:13 PM, JanThe1st said:

Scarlet never used to but I sailed Valiant in the beginning of the month and they had a female comedian and I really enjoyed it. Hopefully they keep it up.

• Like 1