No T-Mobile Cell Service at Cape Liberty

We just returned from a Symphony of the Seas sailing out of Cape Liberty. There is no T-Mobile cell service at the port, as in zero bars on the phone. This means if you are expecting to call an Uber to bring you to the airport after the cruise you are pretty much SOL. I say this from experience. I am not sure about other carriers besides T-Mobile, but one of the workers said because the site housed a former military base there are no cell towers in the vicinity (not sure of the veracity of that).

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Projunior said:

We just returned from a Symphony of the Seas sailing out of Cape Liberty. There is no T-Mobile cell service at the port, as in zero bars on the phone. This means if you are expecting to call an Uber to bring you to the airport after the cruise you are pretty much SOL. I say this from experience. I am not sure about other carriers besides T-Mobile, but one of the workers said because the site housed a former military base there are no cell towers in the vicinity (not sure of the veracity of that).

I have used AT&T at Cape Liberty a bunch of times at Cape Liberty. Even called an Uber a couple of times. Some of the gang I cruise with has Verizon and they always had a signal. We have cruised out of Cape Liberty over 15 times. As for the veracity of what one of the workers said I kind of doubt it. Perhaps there was an outage at the time you returned. Of course coverages vary. T- Mobile has one bar in my local neighborhood so I never considered it so maybe it is bad there but I never heard that mentioned.

Edited by Charles4515

22 hours ago, Projunior said:

This means if you are expecting to call an Uber to bring you to the airport after the cruise you are pretty much SOL. I say this from experience. I am not sure about other carriers besides T-Mobile, but one of the workers said because the site housed a former military base there are no cell towers in the vicinity (not sure of the veracity of that).

I've had a Zoom video call on Verizon (not on wifi) sitting on the ship with zero issue. 

On 6/24/2024 at 11:48 AM, princeton123211 said:

I've had a Zoom video call on Verizon (not on wifi) sitting on the ship with zero issue. 

Verizon is my provider too. I have never had cell service inside the terminal though I see many others who do. I do get service onboard the ship prior to departure.

On 6/23/2024 at 1:25 PM, Projunior said:

We just returned from a Symphony of the Seas sailing out of Cape Liberty. There is no T-Mobile cell service at the port, as in zero bars on the phone ... 

Sorry to hear that ... Can you share with us your smartphone/hardware or iPhone model, one that was used and did not pickup a cellular signal from T-Mobile ?  When you're coming into Lower NY Bay (harbor waterway approaching the VZ Bridge and NY harbor - did you had your device turned on and obtain an usable cellular signal from T-Mobile.  

If this is true, you should file a report / complaint with T-Mobile and start a trouble ticket, perhaps the nearest tower was offline ??