Queen Anne Norwegian Fjords — H415

MylesS

Posted (edited)

Another thread! I’ll try to keep this one more updated than last, I was just having such a relaxing cruise last time!

Yesterday went almost smoothly, as our new cabin cards didn’t work at the gangway and we had to have them reprinted which was a bit worrying. But all was fine after.

A lot of visitors to the ship yesterday, including my father who I was very thankfully showing the ship to for most of yesterday.

Dinner in Tromonto was made extra special with a perfect view of Queen Mary 2 as we followed her out.

IMG_6531.thumb.jpeg.45de3a46cd672abd05019c39ce303820.jpeg

Today again another relaxing day, sat at my favourite bar chatting with my favourite bartender. 

Edited by MylesS
  • Like 10

• MylesS changed the title to Queen Anne Norwegian Fjords — H415
2 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Another thread! I’ll try to keep this one more updated than last, I was just having such a relaxing cruise last time!

Yesterday went almost smoothly, as our new cabin cards didn’t work at the gangway and we had to have them reprinted which was a bit worrying. But all was fine after.

A lot of visitors to the ship yesterday, including my father who I was very thankfully showing the ship to for most of yesterday.

Dinner in Tromonto was made extra special with a perfect view of Queen Mary 2 as we followed her out.

IMG_6531.thumb.jpeg.45de3a46cd672abd05019c39ce303820.jpeg

Today again another relaxing day, sat at my favourite bar chatting with my favourite bartender. 

Pleased to hear you were enjoying the last one so much. We'll be doing Queen Anne to Norway in October, so very much look forward to the updates on this one. Hope you continue enjoying (and manage to pick up some more LEGO)

1 minute ago, DukeBeetle24 said:

Pleased to hear you were enjoying the last one so much. We'll be doing Queen Anne to Norway in October, so very much look forward to the updates on this one. Hope you continue enjoying (and manage to pick up some more LEGO)

We have no tours booked for this one, so I’ll be on the hunt for any Lego I can find! 

Thankfully my father was able to disembark yesterday with the completed set in hand, so I won’t have to pack it!

Speaking of which, I don’t think I posted photos of the completed set, so I’ll add them here:

IMG_6327.thumb.jpeg.acf82ff330b459e286cc39b2d9011e88.jpegIMG_6329.thumb.jpeg.511ea28faccef90d560f6dd5713fa6b2.jpeg

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, MylesS said:

We have no tours booked for this one, so I’ll be on the hunt for any Lego I can find! 

Thankfully my father was able to disembark yesterday with the completed set in hand, so I won’t have to pack it!

Speaking of which, I don’t think I posted photos of the completed set, so I’ll add them here:

IMG_6327.thumb.jpeg.acf82ff330b459e286cc39b2d9011e88.jpegIMG_6329.thumb.jpeg.511ea28faccef90d560f6dd5713fa6b2.jpeg

A fantastic set as well, and what a great place to relax and build. May have to do something similar myself on our upcoming voyages...! Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, DukeBeetle24 said:

A fantastic set as well, and what a great place to relax and build. May have to do something similar myself on our upcoming voyages...! Thanks for sharing.

Would really recommend it! Was a nice way to spend 2 hours on a sea day. 

• Like 2

I see you are changing course big-time in a few months from your string of Cunard itineraries to Icon of the Seas…that’ll be fun to follow your thoughts about that latest mega ship vs Cunard’s new QA. 

9 hours ago, NE John said:

I see you are changing course big-time in a few months from your string of Cunard itineraries to Icon of the Seas…that’ll be fun to follow your thoughts about that latest mega ship vs Cunard’s new QA. 

This cruise is actually being moved to May next year. 

This is a group cruise for myself and friends to celebrate my birthday, and also give them their first cruise experience.

We love Cunard but don’t think our friends would enjoy the dressing up, so we when we saw Icon with all of the venues and relaxation geared towards younger people and families, I thought it’d be great to do for a birthday. 

• Like 5

Arrived into Bergen a bit earlier than scheduled today, and we’re about to go off for a wonder around. It’s cold, but not raining which is a big surprise!

A late start today for myself as we had a late night last night + lost an hour due to the time change.

Lunch today in the Golden Lion for myself, which was quickly served and very tasty.

IMG_6551.thumb.jpeg.39926e12ecdd5426a6cd5e82e07f5b95.jpeg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Arrived into Bergen a bit earlier than scheduled today, and we’re about to go off for a wonder around. It’s cold, but not raining which is a big surprise!

I’ve been to Bergen three or four times, and it’s been baking hot on every occasion. I think the locals are trying to scare people off!

Lovely place! The funicular is a highlight, but there’s also an interesting sculpture by Mags from a-ha on Vågsallmenningen…

Enjoy!

• Like 2

The Highlight for me was Troldhaugen home of Edvard Grieg. You can go around the museum and listen to a concert most days. On a rainy day in particular, its fabulous get the tram from the centre. The music and setting both magnificent I don't know if Cunard celebrate the composer on board? If not why not on Norwegian itineraries?

• Like 1

Back onboard now, but we went ashore just after 1:30 for a walk & some exploration.

We walked to the city centre where we picked up some Paracetamol (the ship store has ran out!) and a drink.

After we walked to the fish market where we tried and purchased some whale meat.

We continued walking and exploring before returning back to the market for a Reindeer Hot Dog, and then returned to the ship.

IMG_6558.thumb.jpeg.e4b5d27b79711b1adce71d53f4002735.jpegIMG_6567.thumb.jpeg.61ca8248783dc086698daf0a9abcea0e.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Back on the ship after Bergen. We were first off and walked to the Floibanen before the masses descended. Or ascended in this case. 

Walked around the top. Very pleasant. Lovely quiet little lake. The goats were chilled. 

I have to say though that I was a bit underwhelmed with Bergen and a bit disappointed after having loved Oslo last summer. Interesting concert venue we found behind the Rosenkrantz. I think Bryan Adams is playing there but Springsteen next month will be a special venue in Dokken (our Oslo visit was to see the Boss).

Thought the original timings for Bergen were poor (disembark 1:30) but it was ok - won’t be going back. 

Dinner soon to  coincide with departure at 19:30 so we can enjoy the view. 

QA - saw Noir in Bright Lights last night (seems to be Noir all week). Very good. Sells out quickly. On leaving the Queens Room was very busy. It’s a strange one - there are some very good dancers but I feel that their seriousness puts off some people from just dancing. Was the same on QM2. I don’t blame them for doing their thing though! But in any case the new QA Queens Room despite being a little disappointing is still the heart of the entertainment. 

Seen one child so far… would say average age on board mid 60s. 

Anyone else have this problem; after going on to Grills Deck I get irritated eyes. Has happened twice now. Wondering if some particulates from funnel are dropping there rather than been carried away properly…

IMG_6589.jpeg

IMG_6588.jpeg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

QA - saw Noir in Bright Lights last night

First or second viewing? We may have crossed paths without realising. 

I did find it amusing they asked me, by name, during the show if I felt dejavu, as they had seen me in the previous shows 🤣

4 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

seems to be Noir all week

From being on a bit, seems like it’s Noir for the first week and then Fizz in the second. It’s a shame they’ll only have 1 show during a 1 week cruise, but hopefully you enjoyed it! 

• Like 1

Beautiful day in Flaam today, and I think Queen Anne is looking lovely in the sun!

Another ship in with us today, but thankfully for us it’s them tendering. 

We had a small walk and explore, and got some pictures of the ship. 

Now at a local restaurant for some lunch. 

IMG_6615.thumb.jpeg.e0d686899f6084124810c8bf6215a86b.jpegIMG_6614.thumb.jpeg.1c58857e4648fa40a2985bb4c51f6a4f.jpegIMG_6613.thumb.jpeg.d9c9e10965874931e82d6df1a2d0643d.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I’ve opted to stay onboard today, so pictures of the scenery will have to do!

IMG_6647.thumb.jpeg.ffff4d31a10de469e86736e9d97b99f8.jpegIMG_6649.thumb.jpeg.9aa9e1680b57c8d246ab3da057ebf1f0.jpeg

Relaxing day onboard, finally tried a whirlpool this afternoon which was enjoyable. 

We had a fantastic meal in Britannia last night, improved by the view of the Fjords as we left.

IMG_6630.thumb.jpeg.3ab12adc1ea8a6c4fb1583e361b74d3e.jpegIMG_7834.thumb.jpeg.6d08089e0eabac7ff7916badfb91c6a9.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MylesS said:

Unfortunately Haugesund has been cancelled due to the weather tomorrow, but the captain has replaced this with what was described as a picturesque fjord, where we’ll stay until midday before departing for Southampton. 

I thought all fjords were picturesque. 😀 In fact I am slightly of the opinion, seen a couple, seen them all. Anyway, I hope it is picturesque.

2 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I thought all fjords were picturesque. 😀 In fact I am slightly of the opinion, seen a couple, seen them all. Anyway, I hope it is picturesque.

Ha, very true. I can’t remember, let alone attempt to spell where we’re going, but I shall update once we have the daily programme 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1