Ninjacat123 and family travel to Tokyo and Kyoto - LIVE land trip June 28 to July 7, 2024!!โ€‹๐Ÿ—พโ€‹

ninjacat123

Tokyo in July is humid and hot but in my opinion comparable to South Carolina. We started our tour nearby at Senso-Ji Temple. Made a wish (got bad luck so I was instructed to tie the wish to a pole), washed our hands at a special fountain and wafted smoke to heal back pain.IMG_6719.thumb.jpeg.29fe77c38b0769aaf1824f96dd047189.jpegIMG_6727.thumb.jpeg.5e39160f15923e30afba7c54f7ab330b.jpegIMG_7642.thumb.jpeg.8320cd53f4ba409ff420825bc2505767.jpeg

• Like 7

We took the subway (using our one day visitor pass) and made our way to Tsukiji Market. Lots of fish stands! We needed some lunch so Aki led us to a conveyor belt restaurant. Love watching the dishes go by the sushi counter and grabbing what piques my fancy. Yum!! Aki joined us for lunch.IMG_6737.thumb.jpeg.89e8a43aca24fdb051de24377597be9f.jpegIMG_6736.thumb.jpeg.a9a70667ce1e53ce083440925cc6db7c.jpeg

• Like 8

From Shibuya crossing we walked to Shibuya Sky. We had tickets for us four scheduled to enter at 2:40. It was very busy and we entered the elevator to the roof at exactly 2:40. Aki waited for us on the 14th floor (we said he didnโ€™t have to but he wanted to see us home) which was so nice of him.

• Like 3

Happy but exhausted, we took the subway back to our ryokan neighborhood. Aki stayed with us while we picked up our luggage and all the way to our ryokan door. He has texted me instructions on getting to our tours tomorrow and a suggestion for anime stores for Sky. Heโ€™s been the best tour guide and I do feel we have a friend here in Tokyo. Iโ€™m so glad we will be with him in Kyoto!

• Like 8

Craig found a ramen place just around the corner from our ryokan. We cleaned up a bit then walked/dragged ourselves there. So tired, but it was worth it! A very small restaurant but the manager/owner was the star! He welcomed us and made us feel like we were in a Tampopo movie ๐Ÿ˜IMG_6757.thumb.jpeg.14e58827f0c50ed5017e16a5b282f3af.jpegIMG_7725.thumb.jpeg.513b561ee47bc087826872261eceb9b0.jpeg

• Like 9

As you can probably figure out, itโ€™s 4:30am here in Tokyo and Iโ€™m awake. Itโ€™s hard getting back into a regular schedule with such a big time difference (I dozed off and on throughout our LA to Tokyo flight) but itโ€™s a small price to pay for such a fantastic experience!!

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 5

Day 2 in Tokyo! Started the morning with a cup of coffee in my cute ryokan. Not huge but very comfy. We cleaned up then walked to the subway station, about 15 minutes away. It was a rainy day and humid. Using Google Maps we got on the appropriate train which was packed due to it being rush hour. Got to a transfer and we were running out of time. ย I hurried ahead hoping to stall the tour but fortunately they were still grouping up. After introductions we walked to the Tsukiji Fish Market.

• Like 5