Grand Princess June 5-19, 2024. Wonderful!

Bemidji Ty

This is a short review of our 6/5/24 thru 6/19/24 Alaska cruise on the Grand Princess. We are in our early and mid 70's and have cruised 1-2 times a year since 1987 – mostly on Princess. We booked this last Feb. We wanted a reserve collection mini-suite. Got a mini. Put a bid on a Reserve Collection and ended up in a Window Suite. I started an earlier thread regarding mini vs window suite choices. The Window Suite was a real treat. It was about the size of our first apartment. We had a wonderful cabin steward. We didn't miss having a balcony with our large windows and being so close to the promenade.

We used Princess EZAir, flew up the morning of on Air Canada. I should have upgraded seats. Coming and going, the economy seats were terrible. They were cramped and caused pain for about a day post-flight both ways. I weigh 170 and am 5' 10”. My wife is 110 and stands 5'3”. I can't imagine how the majority of our fellow passengers could even fit into these seats.

Reserved Dining was wonderful. We went when we liked. The food was mostly very good and staff was friendly, professional and efficient. Breakfast at Sabatini's is a real treat for suite guests.

Some of the musicians, especially the house band and Sounds (?) were exceptional.

We enjoyed the naturalist and some of the shows and games.

The ship is in fine shape. We both really like this size ship and find it easy to navigate.

Once again, Alaska was the star of this trip. This was our fifth cruise to Alaska. We've traveled in June, July and August and have always had great weather. This was no exception. One nice thing about a B2B with the same ports is you don't feel you have to do it all at once. One time we would do an excursion and another time just explore the area. We happened to be in Juneau the day there was a festival of the native groups which included a parade, dancing, costumes, art and more. Wonderful.

Now to decide where to next.

Cheers.

Edited by Bemidji Ty
Govt Regulations
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1