7-Day Norwegian Fjords Apex Cruise - Magic Carpet Suite or Sunset Veranda Suite?

Z-Bird

We recently went on our first E-Class cruise in Alaska aboard the Edge, and loved the ship style!  We were in a Magic Carpet Suite and felt like it was a real sweet spot for being able to enjoy all of the suite amenities at the best price.  We have decided to book a 2025 7-day Norwegian Fjords cruise on the Apex and have the option of an end Magic Carpet Suite or a Sunset Veranda Suite for about $1,200 more.  Any feedback on which one you would choose and why for this type of cruise?  Thanks!

Edited by Z-Bird
price change

If you were happy in the magic carpet suite stick to that and save your money, that’s a lot of extra dollars for a week! Are the views from magic carpet unobstructed?

For Norway, I would just want anything with a nice balcony so I can enjoy the beautiful waterfalls and fjord views. I hope you have a wonderful cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had an aft last year in Norway. Stunning. For Alaska and Norway I would always seek out an aft cabin. If you are going to Geiranger, it’s an early morning sail in. Nothing like enjoying it in your robe and pj’s . 

A few shots from last year:

IMG_3326.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3339.jpeg

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

We had an aft last year in Norway. Stunning. For Alaska and Norway I would always seek out an aft cabin. If you are going to Geiranger, it’s an early morning sail in. Nothing like enjoying it in your robe and pj’s . 

IMG_3326.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3339.jpeg

Well these pictures paint a thousand words! A thousand dollars worth! YES! Go for it! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mac_tlc said:

IMG_3326.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3339.jpeg

Beautiful photos!  I specifically picked this cruise because it goes to Geiranger.  Is there an excursion you’d recommend for that port?

One thing to remember about the Sunset Veranda Suites on the E class is that Luminae is all the way forward. So, you'll have quite the hike ahead of you when you want to go between your cabin and Luminae.

The balcony is amazing, but if you're a person who on a port day likes to wake up, get breakfast in Luminae, go back to your cabin, grab your belongings, and head ashore - you won't love all the walking you have to do.

Same thing goes if you like to shower, go to dinner, stop back at your cabin, and then head to a show in the theater. It is a LOT of time spent walking the entire length of the ship.

On the other classes of ship, where Luminae is aft, the Sunset Verandas are AMAZING and suprisingly convenient. But on the E-Class, there's a lot more travel time baked into everything that you do.

Edited by DannyS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We appreciate all of the feedback.  We have decided to book the Magic Carpet Suite, due to its central location and to the cost savings.  On the recent Edge Alaska cruise, when we sailed by the Dawes Glacier, we enjoyed spectacular views from the retreat deck area so won’t feel like we are missing out by not having the aft cabin view.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2024 at 5:35 AM, mac_tlc said:

IMG_3326.jpeg

IMG_3317.jpeg

IMG_3337.jpeg

IMG_3339.jpeg

I would never get an aft suite again on E class, way too long of a walk to indoor and outdoor retreat and Luminae. We love spending time in outdoor retreat with bar and pool , I would save the money and book magic carpet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George C said:

I would never get an aft suite again on E class, way too long of a walk to indoor and outdoor retreat and Luminae. We love spending time in outdoor retreat with bar and pool , I would save the money and book magic carpet.

Our afts last year in Norway and this year in Alaska are not suites, so the dining room(s ) are also aft. 

I agree I would probably not book an E-class aft suite as it is too far from Luminae and the Retreat sun deck, Lounge, , etc. 

• Like 2