Dinner Reservations for 2

Cloud9 Bob

I've only traveled solo on Virgin so far, but next cruise we'll be two sailors in the cabin. I had our travel agent link us in the reservation system and I see that in the app. I booked a shore excursion so far and her picture was right next to mine. I selected us both and the price charged was correct for two....easy peasy.

My question is, when dining opens will it work the same easy way I booked the excursion? Do I select both her and I from our photos and then make the meal reservation and the system will know it's for 2 OR will I have to first do me and then do her for the same time slot separately? I don't want any surprises when that midnight rush to book dinners begins 😁

2 hours ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

I've only traveled solo on Virgin so far, but next cruise we'll be two sailors in the cabin. I had our travel agent link us in the reservation system and I see that in the app. I booked a shore excursion so far and her picture was right next to mine. I selected us both and the price charged was correct for two....easy peasy.

My question is, when dining opens will it work the same easy way I booked the excursion? Do I select both her and I from our photos and then make the meal reservation and the system will know it's for 2 OR will I have to first do me and then do her for the same time slot separately? I don't want any surprises when that midnight rush to book dinners begins 😁

It works exactly the same for restaurants as it did for the Shore Thing. Once onboard if you book fitness classes or other activities it’s the same for these too, tap the picture of even you are booking for.

It works the same, but know that the app can be slow and oftentimes crash when trying to book dinner reservations when they open up. If you're working with a TA, get your list of restaurants to them a few days before dinner reservations open and they can make the reservations for you. 

The app booking works the same, but as Walter said, it crashes....often.....We send our list of dining choices (night, restaurant, approximate time) to our TA a couple days early with a note that I will try it and notify her if I have trouble.  TAs have a different portal and can book for you and mine does stay up to do it.  You can also call shoreside guest services the next morning and they will do it for you.  My normal experience is that I get 2 or 3 nights booked and the app crashes....so I send a PM to my person and she makes it work.