Sensation

cruisomatic

I have friends who know the inside story. This is her story;

The Coast Guard inspectors apparently in response to the recent cruise ship fire conducted a long and extensive inspection. They did this the day of the cruise rather than the day before when the ship came to port. They found another of issues and it can be debated whether these issues would have been brought up had the fire not occured. The ship also just had an inspection after the renovation and these things passed.

CCL tried to bring food and water off the ship and whatever government controlling entity is in charge of overseeing the food said no. CCL had to go off terminal to get this.

There were a small number of passengers in the terminal who were loud and obnoxious. There were yelling at the CCL employees, pounding on the counter, threatening to sue, and even getting into fist fights among themselves. These same people never recovered from this and were loud and rude the whole cruise and gave the crew crap every time they came in contact with a crew member. They were threatening to the crew and other passengers and basically ruined the cruise for a lot of people. There was a group from New York who were particularly rude, and if any of you have ever hear someone from NY with that obnoxious accent go off on someone, then you know what it sounds like. They ruined dinner for whoever sat within yelling distance of them. They were the ones who got off the ship and contacted the press.

If I were on the cruise I would have slapped these morons around.

We are concerned for our health. Some other postings indicate bad water and that ppl have gotten sick. Would you like to be sick on a cruise... remember... double occupancy! one toilet! If you have legitimate info please pass it on.

Maybe I am just misreading this but please tell me that you are not serious and I am missing your joke.

What about the mechanical problems causing the Grand Turk cancellation?

I'm looking forward to diving there. I hope that issue is resolved soon.

6/10/04 GLORY

4/10/06 SENSATION

Sensation was not supposed to go to Grand Turk on this sailing.

Maybe I am just misreading this but please tell me that you are not serious and I am missing your joke.

A news article I read said ppl were sick on the ship... I did not appreciate the 'poking fun' of the bird poop deck and sickness. I know I would not want to be sick on a ship (one toilet for 2 people).

Thanks for the news video sounds like some was unhappy and some was happy. I have to agree 9 hours is a long time to stand in line and wait and not knowing what is going on. I'll will be on the same ship come June with my family and my mother this will be her first cruise.

A news article I read said ppl were sick on the ship... I did not appreciate the 'poking fun' of the bird poop deck and sickness. I know I would not want to be sick on a ship (one toilet for 2 people).

Quite honestly, I don't doubt that there were sick people on the ship. There were some elderly people on board that had no business standing inside or outside that terminal for nine plus hours with little or no food. (keep in mind there was no place to sit other than the floor.) I did hear about the diabetic that needed ice to keep his insulin cool and no one seemed to be able to scrounge up a baggie with some ice for him.....it would have been better than nothing.

As for the water ON the ship, ours was clear. Our cabin was clean and the linens appeared to be new. I stated in a prior post that occasionally when I walked down the corridor of the main deck I caught of whiff of something rank, but again, it was occasionally not every single time.

To hear some of these people talk, you would think the carpets reeked of sewage, the rooms were musty and rank, none of the toilets worked, the food was inedible, etc. I swear.....IT REALLY WAS NOT THAT BAD!!!!! My biggest complaint was the wait, itself....THAT was BAD!!!!

If you are sailing on this ship over the next few weeks, please DO NOT stress about this isolated incident. The water slide will be fixed, all the pools will be open, the painting will have been completed. Just try to pack a good attitude (along with a couple cans of coke and some snacks just in case!!) and for goodness sakes, have a good time! You're on vacation!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived