Cabin location question please

We are looking at an itinerary for next year. We have been given a couple options from our TA. Limited selection. What has been your experience ce in staying in a cabin that looks to literally have the cabins directly behind it? For instance on Encore, 816, 720, 618. I am concerned about noise from the mechanics of the elevator. If it is quiet, then there is no neighbor on one side and that could be a positive….thank you

Posted (edited)

We’ve stayed before on the Odyssey-class ships in a cabin next to the elevators, and had zero issue with noise or any downside.  If anything, easy access to the elevator was a big positive (and not having a neighbor on one side).  Our next cruise in July we’re booked in one of those cabins.  

Edited by johng75370
  • Like 2

Thank you!  So the cabin location with an entire wall that backs up to elevators and stairs was the one you stayed in and rebooked?  I wasn’t sure that I would get this response. I am glad that I asked, because I initially dismissed it. 

2 minutes ago, Vineyard View said:

So the cabin location with an entire wall that backs up to elevators and stairs was the one you stayed in and rebooked?

Yes, happily.

• Like 1

This is great. Second question please. We may experience some choppy waters on the itinerary and I can be prone to motion. How much movement did you experience this far forward? The cabin is on deck 8. Wondering if a cabin midship on deck 7 will be that different and worth changing categories. Thanks again