Selecting Interior Room

I have always had a verandah on Carnival and  Disney Magic. That is not in my budget this time.  Are there any tips for selecting inside cabins? Are some better than others? I don’t want to hear engines or smell exhaust or anything similar to that. 

2 hours ago, srobinet63 said:

I have always had a verandah on Carnival and  Disney Magic. That is not in my budget this time.  Are there any tips for selecting inside cabins? Are some better than others? I don’t want to hear engines or smell exhaust or anything similar to that. 

I don't do interior rooms, but the engines are in the aft of the ship, so a room midship to forward would be less likely to hear them.  I doubt that you'd get exhaust in any of the interior rooms.

We have sailed in aft interior room 2137 and there was a slight humm from the engine, but it was a put you to sleep/white noise type of humm. TBH, I would pick a deck 2 interior over a deck 6 or 7 because there was less distance traveled with each roll, the easier elevator access and the engine humm was perfect. I would consider Deck 5 interior since it's on the same level as the kids clubs.

Just came off deck 2 mid on Disney Magic. Yeah you can hear slight hum of engines but nothing that catches your attention. And on a full ship getting on deck 2 means you are one of the first on the elevator. Another thing that worked for me, it was easy to walk to aft and forward elevators on deck 2, less traffic and stops going up to the deck 9 pool deck.

• Like 1

I like the "sideways" interior cabins on decks 6-7 forward of the Magic/Wonder.  I think the layout makes the cabin feel more spacious in lieu of having the balcony. 

We had an interior room on the Disney Dream for a transatlantic crossing this May.  I'd pick an inside room again in a heartbeat. Only the inside cabins have the Magic Window, which shows what's going on outside during the day and has fun stuff at night.  The room was plenty big enough for two but would be crowded for 3. There's a sofa to sit on, that's big enough for 2.  The aisles at the bedsides were a little cramped, but otherwise, it was fine.  I wish there was a shower instead of a tub/shower though.  The ceiling height in the bath would be difficult for tall people.  But I can see that folks with small kids would prefer to have a tub.  I've never used a balcony on a cruise ship, even when I've had one.  I'd just as soon have the Magic Window.